Vinyl-to-Digital - Advice wanted

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Vinyl-to-Digital - Advice wanted

Post by AndyMH »

RollyShed wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:40 pm I went to our record collection, picked up an old looking 45, Rod Mackinnon, Universal Soldier, Walking down the Line.
For me the definitive version is Donovan (yes, I know it was written by Buffy Sainte-Marie).
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Post by RollyShed »

Rod Mackinnon was a New Zealand folk singer and Universal Soldier wasn't played on the radio here because we had some troops in Vietnam. He did the record again with a different song in place of it. Walking down the Line was on the other side.
Donovan, yes, probably a better version.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

Update: I converted my first LP today. I chose John Lee Hooker with John Mayall and the Groundhogs. Overall it was a success, but I am convinced it is much too much trouble to be a dedicated project. Life is too short....

This album is similar to JLH's ...And Seven Nights - some of the tracks are different tracks and John Mayall is not credited personnel, but it is worth a listen if you like JLH or raw Blues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyR9o_Q-LiM

Again, thanks for the advice and suggestions.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022

Return to “Open Chat”