What is your favorite car?

Chat about just about anything else
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

What is your favorite car?

Post by exploder »

What is your all time favorite car and why is it your favorite?

My favorite car is the 1966 Buick Rivera. I loved the style and horse power of this particular car, it was ahead of it's time. If I remember the 66 had a 420 big block and sat low to the ground so it did not have a lot of body roll and could corner at pretty high speed. I love the shape of the car and the way everything flows. This car was made out of metal and had a curb weight of over 4000 lbs and it was solid! The 66 Rivera came stock with, power locks, power antenna, power seats, AM/FM stereo and the headlight roll up under the hood. They just don't make them like this anymore...

http://www.allsportauto.com/english/196 ... era-gs.php

vrkalak
Level 12
Level 12

Re: What is your favorite car?

Post by vrkalak »

One of the cars that I currently own, is my all time favorite.

I am the proud owner of a 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo (the 3rd Porsche I've owned)

Looks great and is 'stupid fast' . . . people say, that I'm in love with my car.
My ex-girlfriend said, that I usually, drive like someones grampa ... except when I'm driving that cat.

I have some pictures of the car, after I had it re-painted. I'll post them when uploaded.
:: Debian-Sid (Xfce/Fluxbox) :: LinuxMint-18 (LTS) LXDE w/Openbox ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: My DeviantART Page

lexon
Level 6
Level 6

Post by lexon »

No car. Ford F150, 4X4, 5 liter engine, off road tires, oversize rims. Little larger than stock wheels. Great off road vehicle. Tires howl on asphalt. I did not “need” the truck. I “wanted” the truck. 229,560 miles on it.

lex
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit. MInt 18 64 bit Cinnamon.

richyrich
Level 19
Level 19

Post by richyrich »

My first car . . . 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie XL 500 Convertible.
390, automatic, a little darker red than in the photo, Canadian frigid standards . . Image
Power top, silver interior, chrome everywhere, bucket seats, slap-stick console, huge chrome built-in speaker & flip down console between the seats in the back. A heavy boat with a low centre of gravity. Image
Of course upgraded with a Craig PowerPlay 8 Track Stereo & speakers. Image
63-galaxie-xl500.jpg
63-galaxie-xl500.jpg (137.01 KiB) Viewed 5432 times

DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Post by DrHu »

Ahh, a car poll.
I have a few favorites
  • Porsche 356 speedster, 911
    Jaguar xke
    Reliant Scimitar GT models, Sabre 6
    MG
    Triumph TR7
    Mustang fastback
    Corvette 1957 model. Corvette later models
    Citroen DS

midas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by midas »

I drive a very tiny little Toyota now...it is a little mean and green car. The driving distances in Holland are not that big and the driving-expences quite high (1 gallon = €5,60). My next car would probably a Toyota (or Honda) hybrid because I just changed jobs and have to drive all over the country within a few weeks.

My all time favorites are the older Saab and Volvo's. I like the swedish design very much. Only I would like them to be as reliable as a Toyota (I am quality-manager). And I like a beautifully pimped Volkswagen Beatle with Porshe-engine in the back...only I would like them being as green as a hybrid :wink:
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)

XidCat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by XidCat »

Anything that has four wheels, runs and most importantly... is paid off! :D
"Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."

Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass, Chapter 4

optimize me
Level 5
Level 5

Post by optimize me »

When I was 19 or so I had a 1974 Pontiac Trans Am similar to this one, only mine was in the black/gold "Smokey and the Bandit" style.

The one I had was in a rollover accident with a couple drunks in it. I bought it for $30. The roof was caved in and I had to cut it off with a torch and then weld up some supports so the windshield didn't fold down in my lap when I drove down the road.

Other than than how ugly it was, it ran like a raped ape. It had a 455 Pontiac big block and a 4-speed manual transmission. That car won every race I ever put it in - it ate Mustang GTs for breakfast, and even whooped a couple Corvette ZR-1s by two or three car lengths in a quarter-mile race.

I drove that car everywhere for the Summer of '95. It just sucked when it rained because the thing had no roof. When summer ended I sold it for $100.
AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.8GHz 8GB DDR3 RAM ATI Radeon HD6970

MaddogF16
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MaddogF16 »

2008-lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera.jpg
2008-lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera.jpg (21.18 KiB) Viewed 5394 times
Bad to bone...

rhY
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rhY »

I love MY car! I built it myself, 1964 Dodge Dart GT, Push Button Automatic, Slant Six 225, Plenty of Torque, Nice Smooth Ride.

I'm still upgrading it:

New Carburetor comes this month.
Minor Body Work.
New Wind Wing Window
New Rear Right Window
New Paint
Heater
New Wipers and Arms

Should all be done this year. Eventually, I'll need to refoam the seats. The old foam is pretty degraded, although the vinyl is still in excellent shape, over all.
Go LeperKhanz! http://www.khanz.co

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I love MY car! I built it myself, 1964 Dodge Dart GT, Push Button Automatic, Slant Six 225, Plenty of Torque, Nice Smooth Ride.
Those were awesome cars! The first car I ever worked on was just like that, only red.

nukm
Level 3
Level 3

Post by nukm »

rhY wrote:I love MY car! I built it myself, 1964 Dodge Dart GT, Push Button Automatic, Slant Six 225, Plenty of Torque, Nice Smooth Ride.

I'm still upgrading it:

New Carburetor comes this month.
Minor Body Work.
New Wind Wing Window
New Rear Right Window
New Paint
Heater
New Wipers and Arms

Should all be done this year. Eventually, I'll need to refoam the seats. The old foam is pretty degraded, although the vinyl is still in excellent shape, over all.
Yeah boy! I had a couple of those older Dodges with the slant 6. Gotta love an engine that allows adjusting the valves while running.
"Books? Who needs books? They don't taste all that good." The American Connoisseur, circa 2010
"Radiation is good for you.Everyone should eat radiation to be fulfilled. (free translation)...Ann Coulter, circa 2011

lexon
Level 6
Level 6

Post by lexon »

About ten years ago I had an old Dodge Ram pickup with slant 6, three speed standard on the floor with over drive. Could not kill that engine but it sure did leak oil from some gaskets. Gave the truck away to some kid. Boy was he happy.

lex
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit. MInt 18 64 bit Cinnamon.

det4100
Level 4
Level 4

Post by det4100 »

Here's mine.
det4100

Running Mint Debian

det4100
Level 4
Level 4

Post by det4100 »

Would be nice if I included a photo with that post :)
Attachments
67stang01a.jpg
67stang01a.jpg (258 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
det4100

Running Mint Debian

dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dlkreations »

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda. Man that was one tough looking car!

My parents use to own one when I was a kid, and they told me it was mine when I turned 18. I was 14 at the time... needless to say, I didn't get it. They sold it to one of their friends for, get this.... $1000.00 and not a week later, the guy totaled it!!! Man was I bummed.

Good luck finding another one for that price! :(
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda. Man that was one tough looking car!
Oh yeah! Swivel bucket seats, full instruments and a hemi, who could ask for anything more!

dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Post by dawgdoc »

rhY wrote:I love MY car! I built it myself, 1964 Dodge Dart GT, Push Button Automatic, Slant Six 225, Plenty of Torque, Nice Smooth Ride.
One of the first cars I ever drove. My grandmother had a light blue Dart. Few believe me when I tell them of the Push Button shifting.
SYSTEMS:
HP 15-bw0017cl -- Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Compaq Presario CQ62 -- Mint 17 Cinnamon (support for 80 y/o family members 1st install)
READING:
The Secret of the Ninth Planet by Donald A. Wollheim

David Hunter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by David Hunter »

Glad to see most of us are good, honest, true-blue Ford people!! lol

My fave:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_GTHO_Phase_III
Performance, Inc.
Performance, Inc.
GT-HO-Phase-3-3rd-June-2007.jpg (31.4 KiB) Viewed 6791 times
Thanks beyecixramd!
Husse wrote:Actually I've never broken a Linux I have managed to install - but there are a few I never managed to install :)

Superewza
Level 4
Level 4
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Europe, Earth, ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse

Post by Superewza »

Aston Martin DBS

Audi Quattro

Return to “Open chat”