can not access ANANDTECH forum post/thread

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

can not access ANANDTECH forum post/thread

Post by wpshooter »

I have a post over on the anandtech.com forum and this morning I can access that thread if I access my email directly from Verizon's website but I can NOT access it if I try to access from the thread link as shown in the notification email as per my Evolution email client.

I know there is supposed to be some problems with the Internet this morning but why is it that I can access this thru one application yet not thru the other. Is this due to different routing that these 2 different email applications are using ?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Re: can not access ANANDTECH forum post/thread

Post by Portreve »

wpshooter wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 am I know there is supposed to be some problems with the Internet this morning but why is it that I can access this thru one application yet not thru the other. Is this due to different routing that these 2 different email applications are using ?

Thanks.
While I have no idea what you posted or where on their forums you posted it, I just went there for the very first time (their forums, not anandtech.com itself) and had no problems browsing anywhere I wanted on the forum.

I've no idea what might be causing your particular problem, but their system is definitely up and running.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: can not access ANANDTECH forum post/thread

Post by wpshooter »

Portreve wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:31 pm
wpshooter wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 am I know there is supposed to be some problems with the Internet this morning but why is it that I can access this thru one application yet not thru the other. Is this due to different routing that these 2 different email applications are using ?

Thanks.
While I have no idea what you posted or where on their forums you posted it, I just went there for the very first time (their forums, not anandtech.com itself) and had no problems browsing anywhere I wanted on the forum.

I've no idea what might be causing your particular problem, but their system is definitely up and running.
Yes, you are exactly correct, if I go directly to their site there is no problem. When a response to your thread is made an email is sent to the poster to notify them of the response and it is on that email that the problem is occurring. If I open the notification email in Evolution the link that is supposed to take me to the response does not work, however, I can call up the email from Verizon's website email interface and I am taken to the response on anandtech.com just fine.

Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition

Return to “Open Chat”