And you think you are Tough - I don't think you are

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

And you think you are Tough - I don't think you are

Post by AZgl1800 »

Watch this guy climb a rock wall and never once, touch the face of the rocks or boulders with his hands.

https://digg.com/video/british-rock-cli ... hout-hands
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: And you think you are Tough - I don't think you are

Post by absque fenestris »

Fascinating - and at the same time grossly negligent towards themselves.
Wearing a helmet is not a luxury, when he tips over backwards during his performances, he bangs his skull against the wall unbraked and unprotected...
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

absque fenestris wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am ... he bangs his skull against the wall unbraked and unprotected...
No sense, no feeling. No brain, no pain.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:15 am No brain, no pain.
I'm soooooooo stealing this.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

Portreve wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:49 pm
Kadaitcha Man wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:15 am No brain, no pain.
I'm soooooooo stealing this.
:)

With my compliments.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Post by motoryzen »

This was very entertaining and interesting ...even a little cool at the core point.

However, lol, I'm also waiting for someone else to upload a video of a motorcycle rider...riding a motorcycle ( as in operating it..not as a passenger) with shorts and a t shirt...no gear..no helmet..nothing but shorts, t shirt, and regular tennis shoes...WHILE only using his knees and feet ( no hands..what so ever) doing Motojitsu and RideLikeAPro drills.....ALL of them...successfully...WITHOUT falling down/dropping the bike

Yeah...good luck with that. Even as great a rider as Greg Widmar ( aka Fast Eddie) and Jerry ( Joe ) Palladino both are...I GUARANTEE..you..neither of them can do that and they both have been riding for many years ( Greg = 8+ years now....Joe..far more...Moto Officer Trainer in New York with Decades of experience ) and they both practice basically daily.

Regardless, I give the guy in the video some courage-respect though *Shrugs*. They haven't get giant plyers to my cojones and literally pull them like Goku's Tail in DBGT to get me to try it. :lol:
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

motoryzen wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:18 pm However, lol, I'm also waiting for someone else to upload a video of a motorcycle rider...riding a motorcycle ( as in operating it..not as a passenger) with shorts and a t shirt...no gear..no helmet..nothing but shorts, t shirt, and regular tennis shoes...WHILE only using his knees and feet ( no hands..what so ever) doing Motojitsu and RideLikeAPro drills.....ALL of them...successfully...WITHOUT falling down/dropping the bike
You know, that conjured up a mind image created decades ago. I only wish I'd kept the video clip, which is nowhere to be found nowadays.

London Palladium, red velvet curtain across the stage, red velvet valance and drapes, dimmed stage lights. The announcer introduces Special Robert, the audience applauds then waits in expectation, and waits, and waits... Suddenly there is a blood-curdling yell of "AAAAIIIIIIYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and the previously unseen Special Robert swings down from the rafters in Tarzan style, heading for the curtain. On the up-tick of the swing, Special Robert lets go of the rope, spreads his arms and legs wide and hits the curtain full-frontal... and sticks there, 30 ft above the stage, arms and legs still spread wide.

The audience sits there in stunned silence then breaks out into uproarious laughter and cheering as the stage crew try to scrape him off the curtain.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Post by motoryzen »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:35 pm
motoryzen wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:18 pm However, lol, I'm also waiting for someone else to upload a video of a motorcycle rider...riding a motorcycle ( as in operating it..not as a passenger) with shorts and a t shirt...no gear..no helmet..nothing but shorts, t shirt, and regular tennis shoes...WHILE only using his knees and feet ( no hands..what so ever) doing Motojitsu and RideLikeAPro drills.....ALL of them...successfully...WITHOUT falling down/dropping the bike
You know, that conjured up a mind image created decades ago. I only wish I'd kept the video clip, which is nowhere to be found nowadays.

London Palladium, red velvet curtain across the stage, red velvet valance and drapes, dimmed stage lights. The announcer introduces Special Robert, the audience applauds then waits in expectation, and waits, and waits... Suddenly there is a blood-curdling yell of "AAAAIIIIIIYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and the previously unseen Special Robert swings down from the rafters in Tarzan style, heading for the curtain. On the up-tick of the swing, Special Robert lets go of the rope, spreads his arms and legs wide and hits the curtain full-frontal... and sticks there, 30 ft above the stage, arms and legs still spread wide.

The audience sits there in stunned silence then breaks out into uproarious laughter and cheering as the stage crew try to scrape him off the curtain.
I'd pay money to see that..legit. The human spiderman. Talk about Kung Fu grip. That's DEFINITELY it man. :D
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20

Post by AZgl1800 »

my sister looked up the cost of those shoes; $175.00

she backed off from buying a pair. :mrgreen:
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
RickyRaccoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RickyRaccoon »

Sure he climbs rocks without touching them, I wanna see him stick his hand in a hole in the water and see what he can pull out. :twisted:

https://youtu.be/NytvPgoN5tc
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20

Post by AZgl1800 »

RickyRaccoon wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:36 pm Sure he climbs rocks without touching them, I wanna see him stick his hand in a hole in the water and see what he can pull out. :twisted:

https://youtu.be/NytvPgoN5tc
here in Oklahoma and Arkansas, he has 90% chance of pulling out a Catfish from under the edge of the bank
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20

Post by AZgl1800 »

you added the video while I was typing.
Great Minds think alike :lol: :lol:
RickyRaccoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RickyRaccoon »

Yup.

I ain't stickin' my hand in no underwater hole, I know that.

Return to “Open Chat”