Best Book to learn Responsive Web Design? [Solved]

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

Best Book to learn Responsive Web Design? [Solved]

Post by benali72 »

I want to hand-code a pesonal website in HTML and CSS.

I'm looking for recommendations for a tutorial book that will help me learn this.

The parameters --

1. I want to hand-code because I want to avoid lock-in with a specific development tool, or a specific host
2. This would be a personal website, nothing very complicated
3. I would want it to be responsive web design, looking good on anything from cells to tablets to laptops and desktops
4. I'm an IT person, so I can handle code. But I'm not interested in developing a website with advanced techniques.
I just want to learn a simple single way to create RWD with HTML and CSS for this project.
5. I do not want a book that goes thru all the HTML and CSS elements... I know that stuff already. I want something that
goes straight into how to do RWD, so I can create a website that works for all different screen sizes and layouts.

Any advice on a good tutorial book? Or the best online tutorial?

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Best Book to learn Responsive Web Design?

Post by RollyShed »

HTML and CSS by Molly E. Holzschlag, pub Addison-Wesley, 2005. It is part of the "spring into" series.

As I use WordPress.com (free), there is only a small bit of coding I use just to make life easier. Last time I used the book? Probably a decade ago - but it is all there if coding is wanted.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Best Book to learn Responsive Web Design?

Post by benali72 »

Thank you! I appreciate the help.

Return to “Open Chat”