Computer Case "Power Strip" Project

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Computer Case "Power Strip" Project

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

MurphCID wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:56 pm I am always in awe of your technical prowess. Just amazing.
Thanks!

Marie SWE wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:05 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:07 pm Nah! My PSU is a dark charcoal gray. Besides, black goes with everything. It also makes computers and cables faster, much like stickers.
I can always make the PSU dark in GIMP if you want. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:...
It would be easier to just use a marking pen to paint it on the screen.

Marie SWE wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:05 pm ..I love to follow your your project threads. 8) Keep it up, looking good 8)
Thanks!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:24 pm It would be easier to just use a marking pen to paint it on the screen.
*thinking*...... *thinking*.... I do am blond and I have blue eyes...... but I think I will skip this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
if you want my attention...quote me so I get a notification
Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes a little longer to solve..
It is like it is.. because you do as you do.. if you hadn't done it as you did.. it wouldn't have become as it is. ;)
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:10 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:24 pm It would be easier to just use a marking pen to paint it on the screen.
*thinking*...... *thinking*.... I do am blond and I have blue eyes...... but I think I will skip this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coward! :wink:
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

HAHAHA! ROTFLMAO! Those were great replies...
Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:33 am
If you ain't nice, then I'm going to print out all your projects ideas and sell them on ebay. :P :lol: :lol:
In case the image disappears, it was a computer screen laying on top of a copy machine to print out the screen content
It is like it is.. because you do as you do.. if you hadn't done it as you did.. it wouldn't have become as it is. ;)
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

MurphCID wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:56 pm I am always in awe of your technical prowess. Just amazing.
¹
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:03 am I've been working on and off (mostly off) on a computer case for far longer than I care to admit. After my dismal failure to build an SSD dock, I decided to tackle working on this sub-project next.
Btw, I forgot to add earlier that you are beginning to remind me of another gal who's like you in a number of respects, who runs a YouTube channel called FranLab.

¹ Not just one, but two thumbs up to that statement.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:09 pm In case the image disappears, it was a computer screen laying on top of a copy machine to print out the screen content
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:09 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:33 am

If you ain't nice, then I'm going to print out all your projects ideas and sell them on ebay. :P :lol: :lol: ...
Go for it!
Jeannie

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Portreve wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:21 pm
¹
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:03 am I've been working on and off (mostly off) on a computer case for far longer than I care to admit. After my dismal failure to build an SSD dock, I decided to tackle working on this sub-project next.
Btw, I forgot to add earlier that you are beginning to remind me of another gal who's like you in a number of respects, who runs a YouTube channel called FranLab.

¹ Not just one, but two thumbs up to that statement.
Thanks!

BTW, Fran has me beat by a long shot!
Jeannie

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

I've finished the strip and installed it in the computer but I haven't tested it under PSU power yet.

I won't be posting much for a while. I'm having problems with getting blocked from the Forums, possibly by the Forums' Sucuri Firewall. I just got back on after being blocked for almost 24 hours.
Jeannie

Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 pm I've finished the strip and installed it in the computer but I haven't tested it under PSU power yet.

I won't be posting much for a while. I'm having problems with getting blocked from the Forums, possibly by the Forums' Sucuri Firewall. I just got back on after being blocked for almost 24 hours.
and no photos of the finished product and install. :shock:

Do you have a VPN so you can change your IP number? I use that to bypass the block..
It has been a lot of forums disruptions last week.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:47 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 pm I've finished the strip and installed it in the computer but I haven't tested it under PSU power yet.

Do you have a VPN so you can change your IP number? I use that to bypass the block..
I don't have a VPN. Could you please let xenopeek know I'm not the only one having problems with disruptions.
Jeannie

Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:53 pm
Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:47 pm

I don't have a VPN. Could you please let xenopeek know I'm not the only one having problems with disruptions.
no problem.. I will send him a PM right now. 8)

Edit
Now it is done. :)
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:59 pm
Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:47 pmand no photos of the finished product and install. :shock:

Or we could do what is normally done and create a topic for the issue to see if others are having problems and what might be common about those having issues. Please create new topic and describe the error message(s) you are seeing.

I am not aware of a lot of forum disruptions in the past week. I had a problem for about 15 minutes yesterday (and it was not a Sucuri message) and that's the first time I have had a problem in a long time so not everyone is having problems.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

SMG wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:30 pm
Marie SWE wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:59 pm

Or we could do what is normally done and create a topic for the issue to see if others are having problems and what might be common about those having issues. Please create new topic and describe the error message(s) you are seeing.

I am not aware of a lot of forum disruptions in the past week. I had a problem for about 15 minutes yesterday (and it was not a Sucuri message) and that's the first time I have had a problem in a long time so not everyone is having problems.
New topic has been posted.

Most of the time, I don't get a Sucuri message because my browser, Brave, times out. I get the same time out problem when using Libre Wolf. You might want to confer with xenopeek since he is the one who responded via email to the message I sent the admins.
Jeannie

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

You Go! That looks amazing, and now, how does it work in practice?
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Since I had been having so much trouble getting blocked by the forums host site, Sucuri, especially in this thread, I will be continuing it in “Computer Case "Power Strip Project, Part 2”.
Jeannie

SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

SMG wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:08 pm Link to Computer Case "Power Strip Project, Part 2".
Thank you!
Jeannie

Return to “Open Chat”