What are we watching today?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Samarian Sunset
Level 4
Level 4

Re: What are we watching today?

Post by Samarian Sunset »

MurphCID wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:27 pm Oh Lordy, I am old enough so I do remember it.
It's great fun for me to rewatch The Love Boat after all these years. Especially as I've taken some cruises so just seeing the ship on my TV is like having a vacation in my living room :D
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:58 pm Yep! Anyone remember I Married Joan, My Little Margie, or December Bride?
Gosh, I don't think I've heard of them before, but I do like 1950s tv. I binged watch every single episode of What's My Line on YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/c/WhatsMyLine/featured. There's over 700 half hour episodes from 1950 to 1967. Took me a year of nightly watching to see them all, quite the experience. I don't have any TV service, no cable, no streaming so the oldies are it for me. Same with movies I watch old movies, really old movies.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Today had a triple header. Forces of Nature with Sandra Bullock, Nothing to lose with Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence, and Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins with Martin Lawrence and (I say this at the risk of losing my Lesbian license) two men whose voices I absolutely love to hear, James Earl Jones and Michael Duncan ('tis a pity duncan died so young).

Now, to catch up on my subscribed videos.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

https://www.netflix.com/title/80220655 Stay Tuned! For some reason this show just tickles me. I find it very funny.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

I watched Atomic Blonde for three reasons, Charlize Theron and the sound track. You do the maths :oops: :roll:
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Cowboy Bebop, the original cartoon, not that atrocity remake.
Valsodar
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Valsodar »

That:

And after "That" I'm resuming watching TMBWOTP for 6th time this year. :mrgreen:
Core i7-4770, Palit GTX 1660 Ti, 32GB DDR3 RAM, Firefox, Arch LTS w/ Cinnamon 5.2.7
My Linux group on Telegram
Avatar & desktop: https://ibb.co/album/GFx0yV
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Anna - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7456310/?r ... sr_srsg_11

Helen Mirren is like a chameleon at times, you'd be hard pushed to know it was her playing Olga without seeing the film credits. Some very dodgy Russian accents in this film though.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
ingram5
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ingram5 »

I am watching right now is attack on titan anime with subs and To me this show just had a little of everything meaning it has good characters and character growth, designs, dialogue, surprises and twists, and I love the music.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

High and Low by Akira Kurosawa. Then Stray Dog by Kurosawa (also). The greatest director of all time.
space_jeff
Level 2
Level 2

Post by space_jeff »

Valsodar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:47 pm That:

And after "That" I'm resuming watching TMBWOTP for 6th time this year. :mrgreen:
I see you have both excellent and terrible taste in films.

I recently finished "Better Call Saul", it was fantastic. Also finished season 1 of "Severance" which was great, really enjoyed it. Watched a series called "Devs" a few weeks back and if you're a fan of Alex Garland, I highly recommend it.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

I watched the first John wick movie the other day and finished the second one a little while ago. I'll watch the third one in a little while.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Re-watching Second Hand Lions. Michael Caine does a very good local accent. Also the bridge that the biplane flies under is on Hwy 21 near Lockhart, Texas.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Descendants of the Sun the Korean Drama.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

AndyMH wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:21 pm Not much on the box tonight, but watched a documentary on Charlie Watts, sad he is no longer with us, a deceptively brilliant drummer (and I'm not a huge fan of the stones).
The only thought or memory which pops into my head when I hear the name "Charlie Watts" is a character we hear mentioned a lot but never actually see in BSG, in the episode "Experiment in Terra".

When I was growing up, I never got into any music groups. I'm not really certain how I thought music came into existence or how I came to hear it on the radio, but the groups themselves are something which simply never crossed my mind. When, in later years (i.e. tween and teen years) I would want to get an album, I used to frustrate the crap out of music shop owners because half the time I had no clue what the name of the song was, and I never had an inkling who the group was. Even when they would start talking about the group, my eyes would generally just glaze over in total disinterest.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

I watched the extended version of Avatar earlier today, then, this evening, watched Station 19, So Help Me Todd, and Alaska Daily on TV. I hadn't seen Avatar since when it came out in 3D. I to go see it a second time back then because the first time I got severely nauseated and had to leave the theater twice (I'm subject to motion sickness under certain conditions).
Jeannie

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

The Hidden Fortress by Akira Kurosawa.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Kiki's Delivery Service. And I'm not even remotely the usual demographic for something like that. In anime Miyazaki is God.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

I watched Disney's Fantasia yesterday, then watched the Italian ripoff spoof of Fantasia called Allegro non Troppo (it's Italian language with English subtitles). The movie even admits it's ripping off Fantasia.

Allegro non Troppo is a very low budget, tongue in cheek production with black and white sequences between the music animations, which range from so so to pretty good (the animation; the music is excellent). Overall, the movie is bad enough to actually be pretty good. The movie even admits it's ripping off Fantasia.

I have Fantasia 2000 but it will be a day or few before I get around to watching it (again; like Fantasia, I first saw it in a theater).
Jeannie

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Hoser Rob wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:24 am Kiki's Delivery Service. And I'm not even remotely the usual demographic for something like that. In anime Miyazaki is God.
Yes! You are completely on point.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Zero Dark Thirty and Operation Mincemeat on Netflix.

Return to “Open Chat”