Amazon Shipping Adventures...

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Amazon Shipping Adventures...

Post by cliffcoggin »

Portreve wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:29 pm
OTOH, cliffcoggin, if you have a tea pot suggestion (from, for example, Amazon) I might just go that way instead.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Price-Kensingt ... 10&sr=8-25

is the traditional domestic design here. I prefer china or porcelain pots as the spouts are usually non drip, unlike their stainless counterparts.
Cliff Coggin
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

cliffcoggin wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:00 pm
Portreve wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:29 pm
OTOH, cliffcoggin, if you have a tea pot suggestion (from, for example, Amazon) I might just go that way instead.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Price-Kensingt ... 10&sr=8-25

is the traditional domestic design here. I prefer china or porcelain pots as the spouts are usually non drip, unlike their stainless counterparts.
Got a red six cup pot on the way to my home right now. Thank you, good sir!
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

The dongle I ordered for my daughter never arrived, and now I am dealing with the droids on the Amazon help line. Very unhelpful. She needs this thing ASAP, and it had all the ports required. Amazon customer service leaves something to be desired.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

I know exactly what you mean. When I phoned in my own order issue, he was polite but clearly it's all a stalling tactic. Also, I don't know if they actually work for / rep for Amazon, but maybe like the local Amazon delivery franchise or somesuch. The phone number resolved to a name on my phone when I called it that was NOT Amazon. I don't remember what the name was any longer.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

MurphCID wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:12 am The dongle I ordered for my daughter never arrived, and now I am dealing with the droids on the Amazon help line. Very unhelpful. She needs this thing ASAP, and it had all the ports required. Amazon customer service leaves something to be desired.
I recently ordered three each of an item from Amazon but they shipped two each of the item and one each of a radically different item. When I tried to get the screw up corrected using their virtual assistant, they wanted me to send the entire order back. That was not an option since I was already using the two correct items. After a few attempts to get them to let me just send the wrong one back, I gave up, started over, and just claimed I got only two of the three correct ones, which, technically, was correct. The virtual assistant immediately said they would ship the missing one, then shipped three of them. I just let them since I figured the money Amazon saved by replacing humans with somewhat of a brain with those mindless virtual assistants would more than cover the cost of the two extra items.

To reach an actual human, albeit one that is poorly trained and is at an offshore call center where English is not a first language, I would have had to give them my phone number (I rarely give that out) and wait for them to call me back at a time of their choosing, no matter if I happen to be doing something else at that time. Forget that Baloney Sausage!

Around a decade or so ago, Amazon created their own shipping service and started shipping with it. The quality of that service was so horrible (I"ll spare you the horror stories), with the exception ebooks, I boycotted Amazon for several years until their shipping service finally cleaned up its act.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Theoretically it is supposed to arrive tomorrow by 10 pm. Theoretically.
The Muffin Man
Level 5
Level 5

Post by The Muffin Man »

I ordered a replacement laptop charger. It arrived a day early, but DOA. They wouldn't ship a replacement until after I shipped the broken one back and they received it. It was $12.
I took it as a conspiracy to get me back working in the office.
"Go ahead. I don't shop here."
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

They claim it was delivered she has not called me that it has been delivered.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

It did actually arrive.

Return to “Open Chat”