android - uninstalling new version takes you to last version or first version?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: android - uninstalling new version takes you to last version or first version?

Post by karlchen »

<mod> moved thread to "Open Chat", because the initial post is not related to Linux Mint or to Linux in general. </Mod>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: android - uninstalling new version takes you to last version or first version?

Post by karlchen »

linux wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:37 am so then i went into apps - disable app
it said some blah blah blah going to back to some factory version
Unless you change your habit of presenting some "blah blah" to us and instead quote the complete message, which was displayed to you, you will never get any helpful answer.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dave0808 »

linux wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:37 am i went from version 1 -> 5 -> 22

when i uninstall 22, does it go back to version 1 or 5
It will go back to the factory installed version, in this example, version 1. This is only the case for some/most pre-installed apps. For other apps that you install manually, they will be uninstalled as requested.

This was meant to prevent a phone being rendered useless by the user uninstalling an app that is fundamental to the system. Sadly these days, some manufacturers abuse this "power" to keep the bloatware installed.

There are ways around in, which can work in some cases on some devices. This is way outside the scope of the Mint forum though and you are perhaps better looking at xda-developers if that is the path you want to take.
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dave0808 »

I don't think you can get old versions via the Play Store. If it's a manufacturer's app, then you are better off shouting into the wind.

If it's a third-party app, you might find the old version on their own website, or at the source repo (Github, Codeberg etc), or on F-Droid.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

This is not an Android support forum. Topic locked.

Return to “Open Chat”