Return of the Nerd

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
shedyed
Level 4
Level 4

Return of the Nerd

Post by shedyed »

Was fairly content with running live sessions of Mint on my Thinkpad Carbon. Made a mistake in partitioning, and I figure a fresh approach will get the job done.

Until I got this X220 from some guy on ebay. Swivel screen, pen and touch display, the whole 9 yards. And the legendary keyboard-with-red-center-nub, in that compact form that their keyboards were famous for, not the newish island keyboard layout.

Before Yoga, before Carbon, before Lenovo, I had my X41. Now, it's back, and upgraded.
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Return of the Nerd

Post by Moem »

The exact same machine I'm typing this on now. Congrats!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
shedyed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by shedyed »

Thanks, mate! The slight difference would be the heft between the two. If the X220 were the equivalent of Mercedes' AMG line of 2-door roadsters, the X41 would be the 560 SL of days gone by. (But no complaints here; the newer version feels like it could stop a bullet :wink:

I should apologize to the Carbon; it will soon be encased in glass with the words Break glass in case of emergency I think one will be for future road trips, or a stunt double. I mean, like, what can't the X220 do? I better stop now, my bias is showing
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

shedyed wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:41 pm the newer version feels like it could stop a bullet :wink:
It would probably also be suitable for hand-to-hand combat.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
shedyed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by shedyed »

I was wondering why I always say XJ220 instead of X220. I KNEW it from somewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPrJYNFURKU

Return to “Open Chat”