Reasons You Hate Windows

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Reasons You Hate Windows

Post by linuxviolin »

grey1960envoy wrote:I can't say that I hate windows as I like to look outside from time to time...there is a tree near my living room ... :lol: . Seriously though my thoughts on M$ and billy boy are why support a company against piracy BUT that is how Gates started ! double standards yup. This software corporation is only interested in the complete destruction of any competition by any means which includes falsifying patent claims against individuals and other companies, tying up the courts until the legal costs make the opponents apply for bankruptcy ! or give the software to M$. M$ has been in the news many times over lawsuits brought against them and all they do is buy another judge or politician . why should I spend decent money on a product that is inferior to LInux or Mac when I can do everything on these units just as well as when I used Windows.Games are not played on the computers in my home ,that is what the wii is for . :!:
This is just silly and deserves no answer.
Kaar3l wrote:1) It gets slow, really slow over time.
2) I can't be certain that it boots next time.
Was using W7 and once i booted it it said smth like that: Some serios problem, Windows will restart in 60 seconds. Okay. ... Restarted and still same thing. Okay safe mode may help. Same thing. Only solution was to wipe the disk.
3) Reinstall and after certain time it's needed to have some speed.
4) Security .... Well if a company cannot defend its product from pirates, then it cannot be secure.
5) Never trust a OS that you don't have a source code. :roll:
Well, you must not a "quite good user"... :mrgreen: I have never had real problems on my Windows boxes since XP, neither blue-screens... About the pirates, it's not really the Microsoft fault. Ok they could make a still more secure system but no system is unattackable, like I already wrote/said/shown elsewhere in the forum, and like Windows is the most popular it is obvious it is much more attacked and so we can find more holes/problems in it. But wait, you know that everyday many security holes/problems are corrected and patched in Linux too? :roll:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

linuxviolin wrote:...
This is just silly and deserves no answer.

About the pirates, it's not really the Microsoft fault.
Well, I don't think grey1960envoy's opinion is silly because u cannot know what a policy Microsoft does in each country :roll:

What u mean by that "pirates" ??? If u mean cracked sw - so what ??? I had many cracked sw with no fault, working as original, so again - so what ??? :roll:
The problem of windows is in something else... Visit any cool warez/hacking forum, maybe you'll get it ;)
Last edited by Elisa on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language...patience running thin.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

Well, if you think to be immune just because you run Linux, I'm laughing, sorry... :mrgreen:
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

Apparently I must have hit a nerve with the last post as I get a very interesting response from you know who... I would love to have a battle of wits but I would be facing an unarmed opponent ! As for linuxviolin ; Bill gates started the piracy BS himself ,how do you think he got M$ going ??? he stole and then sold back software! read about how the corporation was founded by his own words !He does not have any qualms about admitting to it! I think you and jonm33 are just out to create havoc so do everybody a favor and if the truth hurts deal with it !
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

grey1960envoy wrote:Apparently I must have hit a nerve with the last post as I get a very interesting response from you know who... I would love to have a battle of wits but I would be facing an unarmed opponent ! As for linuxviolin ; Bill gates started the piracy BS himself ,how do you think he got M$ going ??? he stole and then sold back software! read about how the corporation was founded by his own words !He does not have any qualms about admitting to it! I think you and jonm33 are just out to create havoc so do everybody a favor and if the truth hurts deal with it !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
utsuwa

Post by utsuwa »

grey1960envoy wrote:Apparently I must have hit a nerve with the last post as I get a very interesting response from you know who... I would love to have a battle of wits but I would be facing an unarmed opponent ! As for linuxviolin ; Bill gates started the piracy BS himself ,how do you think he got M$ going ??? he stole and then sold back software! read about how the corporation was founded by his own words !He does not have any qualms about admitting to it! I think you and jonm33 are just out to create havoc so do everybody a favor and if the truth hurts deal with it !
My friend those guys ARE what is wrong with our community. They attach themselves to any conversation and feed on it, provide support for their claims with link to FUD written by known MS spinners. You will do good if you will not to pay attention to them. And about the EU suit - you were right to bring this up. In fact, EU doesn't pay attention to OS X and their quicktime, safari or whatever because of the size of the market share. OS X cannot have monopoly or hurt other companies by excluding their products. Other companies can develop for XP or 7. But if you have 70% share on the market with your OS and you bundle your own sofware for many things a user might need - then you are setting yourself up for lawsuit. In fact as iphone gains share, Apple might get a lawsuit for excluding apps and stuff. Why people like John33 don't understand that is quite obvious - zero knowledge of law, besides "own thinking". You know a type of those armchair self-appointed experts on everything.
You can see that they cannot actually argue, sooner or later they will respond with "I will not reply to all your post", "this is just silly, so I will not reply", "stay on topic" (even theough they themsleves don't) and such other weak responses. It is laughable. They might just plainly write "I don't know, so I will not reply". That would be the truth.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

utsuwa wrote:
My friend those guys ARE what is wrong with our community. They attach themselves to any conversation and feed on it, provide support for their claims with link to FUD written by known MS spinners. You will do good if you will not to pay attention to them. And about the EU suit - you were right to bring this up. In fact, EU doesn't pay attention to OS X and their quicktime, safari or whatever because of the size of the market share. OS X cannot have monopoly or hurt other companies by excluding their products. Other companies can develop for XP or 7. But if you have 70% share on the market with your OS and you bundle your own sofware for many things a user might need - then you are setting yourself up for lawsuit. In fact as iphone gains share, Apple might get a lawsuit for excluding apps and stuff. Why people like John33 don't understand that is quite obvious - zero knowledge of law, besides "own thinking". You know a type of those armchair self-appointed experts on everything.
You can see that they cannot actually argue, sooner or later they will respond with "I will not reply to all your post", "this is just silly, so I will not reply", "stay on topic" (even theough they themsleves don't) and such other weak responses. It is laughable. They might just plainly write "I don't know, so I will not reply". That would be the truth.
Thank you +1
utsuwa

Post by utsuwa »

linuxviolin wrote: I don't think I "trying to put words into your mouth". Sorry, I don't buy the "different context" idea. Windows XP and 7 are not bad products and we could give you many/several examples where Windows is better than Linux but I will not make it now, I have already done this sometimes in several places but I am too lazy for starting again this, I'm became sick with this... Oh and a bug *IS* a bug, or a stupid developer *IS* a stupid developer, maintenance *IS* maintenance, no matter the OS, period. Btw, I don't really seek to defend Windows vs Linux.... :roll:

About the letter, I'm sorry but yes, the guy is right. Linux is buggy, yes, and unfortunately more and more, but I have never said Windows was/is perfect. It has also its problems. About the libs and apps, you are wrong. Stability? :lol: :lol: :lol: And you know in Windows you can have the last version of an app although you don't modify the base system, system libs? Even in "old" versions of Windows, e.g. in the times of Win 7 you can do it with the old XP, you can have the last app versions, you can even sometimes have two versions of the same app. Try this in Linux... :roll: Even in an enterprise distro as Red Hat, or one of its clones, with long support etc like Windows, you must stay with old versions because the system libs... Without talk about the many years of support compared to Linux... Sorry, but this is not rants, but facts, even if you don't want accept them. And the guy is quite qualified about computers, programming etc and used Linux and other Operating Systems since about 20 years, even more I guess... :roll: So, sorry for you but he is NOT a "newbie", not at all, at the contrary, he is a quite advanced user. :mrgreen:

But I don't want to go further in this way. I'm sick by all this debate. Sick to see and read some commentaries by some, sick to see as people are silly, sick to see the quality of the modern OSs and the quality of the contemporary software, etc... The futur will be probably sad, at least. :( :?
If you are sick by this debate why don't you leave? Why do we have to be subjected to your FUD? Tired of silly people? Leave. Tired of some commentaries? Leave. But lets be honest you can't do that, not unless everyone will agree with your FUD right?
"Stability? " That's right stability. Why do you think Department of Defense is using it on regular basis? They have the largest install base of Red Hat. US Navy nuclear submarines are running linux. I am sure THEY would know better. Or do you think they will put OS that crashes on the NUCLEAR submarine? Why do you think airports are switching to it? Some airlines don't use that other OS in their planes because it invariably crashes. That ain't even my words.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

utsuwa wrote:My friend those guys ARE what is wrong with our community. They attach themselves to any conversation and feed on it, provide support for their claims with link to FUD written by known MS spinners.
It's fun like when something does not suit you and/or that you do not want to hear, it's Immediately FUD. Quite interesting... :roll: And about "written by known MS spinners", the quote in my post, if ever you were referring to it among other, was by a guy with at least, and perhaps even more, a 20 years use and experience of different OS, especially Linux/BSD, at home and as a professional. He is a quite advanced user and a quite good knower of the different systems. Sorry for you. :mrgreen:

But like the things are going, the debate, if debate there is, is sterile and makes not much. In addition, some get somewhat aggressive. I think it is not useful neither healthy and positive to continue that. So, let us stop there... :idea:

P.S.= Btw, I was just talking about Linux on the desktop, not about servers or US Navy or other like these...
utsuwa

Post by utsuwa »

linuxviolin wrote: So, let us stop there... :idea:
So, I guess you will take my advice and leave? And we will not find you posting your replies to other people in this topic in the future? That would be marvelous.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

[QUOTE]P.S.= Btw, I was just talking about Linux on the desktop, not about servers or{ US Navy or other like these}...[QUOTE]
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me this would be exactly the same operating system you would find in a Red Hat distro would it not???? You know the same one you or I could get directly???
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

utsuwa wrote:If you are sick by this debate why don't you leave? Why do we have to be subjected to your FUD? Tired of silly people? Leave. Tired of some commentaries? Leave.
LOL! That's the mentality of the Linux community: If you don't hate Microsoft then leave and go back to them.
utsuwa wrote:But lets be honest you can't do that, not unless everyone will agree with your FUD right?
Quite the hypocrite...
utsuwa

Post by utsuwa »

grey1960envoy wrote:
P.S.= Btw, I was just talking about Linux on the desktop, not about servers or{ US Navy or other like these}...
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me this would be exactly the same operating system you would find in a Red Hat distro would it not???? You know the same one you or I could get directly???
It cannot be helped. These guys already made up their mind. And other reasoning won't make a dent in their beliefs.
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

utsuwa wrote:It cannot be helped. These guys already made up their mind. And other reasoning won't make a dent in their beliefs.
Blind, bitter hatred is the same quality that members of the KKK have. Good on you.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

Blind, bitter hatred is the same quality that members of the KKK have. Good on you.???? Is this the best you can come up with when there are FACTS that you do not agree with???
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

grey1960envoy wrote:Is this the best you can come up with when there are FACTS that you do not agree with???
At what point are you going to give up? Your quest to destroy Microsoft by ranting in a Linux forum are going to get you nowhere. It would be similar to trying to climb a mountain without any arms or legs. Good luck.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

Hmm I'd say I've got about as much chance of that as you would winning the Kentucky derby ...As for my "rant?"I've read some of your BS and I do believe you to need to stop and take stock of your own back yard before you stomp on others! JUNIOR! At least I have ONE direction you however do not know if you are coming or going.
utsuwa

Post by utsuwa »

grey1960envoy wrote:Hmm I'd say I've got about as much chance of that as you would winning the Kentucky derby ...As for my "rant?"I've read some of your BS and I do believe you to need to stop and take stock of your own back yard before you stomp on others! JUNIOR! At least I have ONE direction you however do not know if you are coming or going.
+1
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

Ordinary proprietary software is part of a scheme where users are deliberately kept divided and helpless. With free software, we respect the user's freedom, and that's the whole point. The reason for the free software movement is so that the people of cyberspace can have freedom, so that there is a way to live in freedom and still use a computer, to avoid being kept divided and helpless. THIS statement was Richard Stallman and is why I'm all for free source OSs and against proprietary ones. Do you want to operate your computer or do you want your computer to operate you?
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

If you really follow Richard Stallman's philosophy then I expect that you're not using Linux Mint as your distro, or more than 98% of distros for that matter. In fact you can't even be running a vanilla kernel straight from kernel.org. After all, Linux (the kernel) has never been about Free software as the FSF defines it.

Return to “Open Chat”