Connection Limit of Forum

Chat about just about anything else
COKEDUDE
Level 4
Level 4

Connection Limit of Forum

Post by COKEDUDE »

Could anyone tell me what the connection limit of forum is. I get this message quite often.

DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Connection Limit of Forum

Post by DrHu »

COKEDUDE wrote:Could anyone tell me what the connection limit of forum is. I get this message quite often.
It is more likely (if it is not a problem that is affecting everyone visiting the site), that your problem is the quality of your ISP/Internet connection
--it is also likely to happen more often with wireless connections than wired connections, due to the nature of a wireless connection method (which connects/disconnects, depending on signal qualities and reception strength (# of bars showing is a rough measure)

And your point is what, that a web site has limited resources available for users?

Or that some users might be swamping a web site, by opening too many connections, in an attempt to speedup their web browsers at the expense of everyone else using that web site ?
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

DrHu wrote:
COKEDUDE wrote:Could anyone tell me what the connection limit of forum is. I get this message quite often.
It is more likely (if it is not a problem that is affecting everyone visiting the site), that your problem is the quality of your ISP/Internet connection
--it is also likely to happen more often with wireless connections than wired connections, due to the nature of a wireless connection method (which connects/disconnects, depending on signal qualities and reception strength (# of bars showing is a rough measure)

And your point is what, that a web site has limited resources available for users?

Or that some users might be swamping a web site, by opening too many connections, in an attempt to speedup their web browsers at the expense of everyone else using that web site ?
I have the same message but only at night, sometimes to two hours of the morning, sometimes 4am, sometimes midnight ... always at night, never before or during the day. And it's the only site like this! I never had some problems with another site...

P.S.= I have a wired connection.
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

I got that message a lot yesterday (or was it this morning?). Wired connection.
monkeyboy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by monkeyboy »

I hate to sound lie ME TOO but me too. Mostly at night and I too am on wire. Oh well
If you don't like it, make something better
If you can't make something better, adapt
If you can't do either ball your panties up and cry.

Complaining is like masticating most anyone can do it.
However doing it in public is really hardcore.
ronerman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ronerman »

I've also been getting this now and then.
E.M.G.
Level 1
Level 1

Post by E.M.G. »

I've been getting it off and on for the last couple of days
rollup
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rollup »

I get it more than I don't get it!
My wired connection and ISP are good enough for every where else on the planet.
Something wrong ...are the servers running on mint?
I've installed mint and cannot get any downloads or updates.
I think I'll go back to jaunty jackalope that was problem free and I didn't have to visit this broken unresponsive forum. :|
randomizer
Level 5
Level 5

Post by randomizer »

It's unlikely to be a problem with anything except the web host. Look at the error, the MySQL database won't accept any more connections. There's no problem connecting with the web server or you'd have seen a browser error page instead of one generated by the forum.
eiver
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eiver »

Affects me too sometimes.
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

DrHu wrote:It is more likely (if it is not a problem that is affecting everyone visiting the site), that your problem is the quality of your ISP/Internet connection

That's a database error directly reported from the forum. How could it possibly be his ISP? :roll:
eiver
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eiver »

Not ISP, but the company providing web hosting. (or whoever is responsible for the database).
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

eiver wrote:Not ISP, but the company providing web hosting. (or whoever is responsible for the database).
Yeah, there is a bug report in with phpBB for it: http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=20955

Seems to be a web host issue?
eiver
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eiver »

Well in that case there is nothing this forum maintainers can do short of migrating to another forum or waiting until this bug is solved.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

The database is now reloading hourly - hopefully this will solve these problems
eiver
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eiver »

Just out of curiosity - what was the problem?
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I don't know - but Clem wrote a cron script to reload the database hourly and to throw out a notification email to both he and I if it failed to reload,that was applied on Wednesday morning and it seems to have solved the problem
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

oscar799 wrote:I don't know - but Clem wrote a cron script to reload the database hourly and to throw out a notification email to both he and I if it failed to reload,that was applied on Wednesday morning and it seems to have solved the problem
Yeah, I haven't gotten the error in several days now.
randomizer
Level 5
Level 5

Post by randomizer »

Whatever Clem did, tell him not to touch it anymore in case it breaks :)
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

I still get that message periodically.
Mint MATE 20.1

Return to “Open chat”