An English teacher was explaining to his students the concept of gender association in the English language when one student asked: "What gender is a computer?"
The teacher wasn't certain. So he divided the class into males and females, and asked them to decide if a computer should be masculine or feminine.
The women concluded that computers should be masculine because:
1. To get their attention, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data, but they are clueless.
3. They are supposed to help you solve your problems, but half the time they *are* the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realise that, had you waited a little longer, you could have had a better model.
The men, on the other hand, decided computers should definitely be female as:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later referral.
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay cheque on accessories for it.
Chat about just about anything else
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Fred Barclay and 1 guest