Web Developers

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
ryandburnett

Web Developers

Post by ryandburnett »

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is any Web Developers out there who program/script in PHP, Ruby on Rails, Java Server Pages, Cold Fusion, ASP.net and Django. (Or whatever else you can think of, the list goes on and on... :D ) Well I'm an ASP.net C# developer, love ASP.net, but I always feel I cannot make a communal Mint site due to this. It would be on a Microsoft technology! What do you think? Socially acceptable? :?

Code: Select all

<%Response.Write("Or completely unacceptable and I should be shot")%>
Also if your a Web Developer lets have a chit chat! :D Do you use Mint as your development tool?

Laters / Ryan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NumberSeventeen

Re: Web Developers

Post by NumberSeventeen »

I have build some websites using PHP 5.0 but that is a long time ago.
I still know the basics of programming but it was never my best class.
ryandburnett

Post by ryandburnett »

Hey,

You still into web dev? I find its quite rapid though, in the short time I've been interested in it a lot of things have changed! HTML5, hello silverlight, hello ASP.net MVC and CSS3! I can't keep up lol!
NumberSeventeen

Post by NumberSeventeen »

No I was never really IN it.
It was a class at school. Did some HTML, CSS 2, PHP 5.0, Mysql and Ajax.
I was quite fun to do but i wasn't really made for it.

It's a fast world yes. Much faster then normal programming.
One of the reasons why I didn't do anything with those lessons.
jaredm

Post by jaredm »

hey ryan,

i actually found your post while looking for the very thing you describe. i'm an asp.net pro and devoted linux mint n00b whose looking into how to start using the mono project to start developing asp.net mvc on linux!

seems to me like the best of both worlds.

jared
ryandburnett

Post by ryandburnett »

Hey,

Thats great! I have yet to try out MVC, I'm still in WebForms :lol: but they are still great. However, I'm a Windows buff here :shock:, I believe WVD or VS is still the best when compared to Mono. But that to be expected when we are comparing an open source project to an IDE made for that framework. Have you tried Mono? What do you think?

On the Mint front, I love Mint, but then I also love Windows and OSX as well! So I'm open in terms of OS. Thats why I'm going to buy a Mac and bootcamp everything up, the ultimate development tool! :D

How you liking Mint anyways?

Cheers / Ryan
factotum218

Post by factotum218 »

I'm a Python & Pylons fan myself. I worked in SOA dev with .net for about 2 years, quit my job, went back to mig and tig welding while keeping Python dev on the side to keep it enjoyable. :)

Return to “Open Chat”