Top 5 Ways Windows is Better Than Unix or Linux

Post by JonM33 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:07 pm

http://www.edgeblog.net/2008/top-5-ways ... -or-linux/

1. Windows XP is the best productivity desktop
2. Windows 2003 Active Directory Service is the best directory service
3. Windows DNS is the best internal DNS server
4. Exchange 2007 is the best groupware application platform
5. Windows has better hardware support with vendor-supported drivers
"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches." -Steve Ballmer

monkeyboy
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Top 5 Ways Windows is Better Than Unix or Linux

Post by monkeyboy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Really? On a Linux board you are going to post this and not expect to get the Troll of the day award?
If you don't like it, make something better
If you can't make something better, adapt
If you can't do either ball your panties up and cry.

Complaining is like masticating most anyone can do it.
However doing it in public is really hardcore.

willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:14 pm

hes a windows guy trying to convert..... :lol: :twisted:
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.

JonM33
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JonM33 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

monkeyboy wrote:Really? On a Linux board you are going to post this and not expect to get the Troll of the day award?
What? There might be 5 ways that Windows is better than Linux. That doesn't mean there aren't 100 ways that Linux is better than Windows. Get over yourself.

If you read it instead of being a cranky Linux fanatic then you would realize that.
"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches." -Steve Ballmer

willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Wonder what the ratio is

Windows vs Linux. On the servers you have to figure Unix boxes too in the total with Linux.

monkeyboy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by monkeyboy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Dude I am not disagreeing with all the substance of your post or your right to post whatever you want. That being said it doesn't change the fact that the post was Trollish.

grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by grey1960envoy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Very much of a TROLL !!! Hell even Brawnypandora0 knew better than this !!! Go kiss Ballmer's ass .
In a perfect world everything has it's place, Linux on my computer, windows on the wall, and M$ in the trash!
CrunchBang, LMDE, Mint 9 ,Peppermint Hackintosh and a few others :) Registered ...Machine; #432150 user ;#530829

grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by grey1960envoy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:37 pm

[QUOTE]by JonM33 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm running a Windows XP SP3 guest in VirtualBox. I'm just using it to test some things out. Before I test things out I typically scan anything before running them. It's a sandbox if you will and I already know that Windows XP is horrible against viruses/malware.

Anyway, I get a notification from Microsoft Security Essentials, the program that I use as an AV solution for this Windows XP VM, and run a scan. It apparently cleans a few things. I reboot, run a scan again and everything shows clean.

I then run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (commonly known as MBAM) and this is what it finds:

CODE: SELECT ALL
c:\WINDOWS\Temp\WFSa.exe (Virus.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\Temp\wisptisb.exe (Virus.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{22116563-108c-42c0-a7ce-60161b75e508}.job (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{62c40aa6-4406-467a-a5a5-dfdf1b559b7a}.job (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{bbaeaeaf-1275-40e2-bd6c-bc8f88bd114a}.job (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

So Microsoft's AV solution couldn't even find these? Are you serious? Makes me even more happy to switch to Linux.

JonM33
Level 5

These are your own words from last Tuesday,
[QUOTE]Watching TV the other day and saw a commercial for this website: http://maxmyspeed.com

It's basically for people that are infected with malware, etc on their Windows systems and/or their computers are slow and bogged down. Part of me thinks that companies like this are the ones that help push malware to begin with and make loads of profit off of it. I noticed on their website that they ONLY support Windows, not Linux or Mac OS X at all.

Of course the irony is that they want you to download some software and run it to "diagnose" what's wrong. Hmmmm, I might test this in a clean Windows XP VM to see what it spits back.

Edit- Something about a CyberDefender Registry Scanner so far. [QUOTE]
From last Wednesday ...shall I go on???You seem to want to argue even when it is with yourself .GROW UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!
In a perfect world everything has it's place, Linux on my computer, windows on the wall, and M$ in the trash!
CrunchBang, LMDE, Mint 9 ,Peppermint Hackintosh and a few others :) Registered ...Machine; #432150 user ;#530829

grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by grey1960envoy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Here's another jewel in your collection from Saturday;
JonM33 wrote:http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=20310
There's an old saying that if something sounds too good to be true, then maybe it is. Now, that's not always true. Take Microsoft's free antivirus/anti-malware protection Microsoft Security Essentials works well and is free to Windows users. However, that old adage might hold a bit more true in the case of AVG, a top free antivirus software maker.

AVG, which claims to have 110 million customers in 170 countries, on Wednesday rolled out a badly botched update.

The update rendered both Windows 7 and Windows Vista inoperable. When booting users are greeted by the infamous "Blue Screen of Death" (BSoD), and the system reboots in an endless cycle of bad computer karma. The mess is apparently caused by an AVG .sys file that is loaded at boot time -- \Windows\System 32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSEH.SYS.

Booting into Safe Mode does not work, as this driver is still loaded, under AVG's default setup.
One of the reasons I moved away from Windows. Although I always warned people about AVG because people kept recommending it on Windows forums, nobody ever listened. So you either pay out the rear for a decent AV program that slows your computer to a crawl or you get a free one and it crashes your computer.

Thankfully I don't have that problem in Linux.

Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fred » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 pm

My goodness! Do you guys never tire of these "Windows is better/worse than Linux" threads? Who cares? Better for who and what? Worse for who and what? If you think Windows is better for you then use it. If you think Linux is better for your situation then use it.

What's to discuss? :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.

JonM33
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JonM33 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:00 am

monkeyboy wrote:Dude I am not disagreeing with all the substance of your post or your right to post whatever you want. That being said it doesn't change the fact that the post was Trollish.
Yes, it does. In no way did I come in with this thread and bash precious Linux in any way. THAT would be trollish. Learn the difference.

What the hell...really. You can't go on any Linux website and mention Windows in any way or you are labeled a troll. You aren't even talking about any of the points in the OP. So going off topic in a thread is a prime example of a troll.

waldo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by waldo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:29 am

(I can be a better troll that any of you! )

GEOS is a much better operating system than either Windows or Linux. So there. Take that.

grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by grey1960envoy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:51 am

waldo wrote:(I can be a better troll that any of you! )

GEOS is a much better operating system than either Windows or Linux. So there. Take that.
Love it LOL !!!!!!! NOW jonm33 if you prefer to use windoze go use windoze it is no skin off my a*s

JonM33
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JonM33 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:18 am

waldo wrote:(I can be a better troll that any of you! )

It's like there are a bunch of children on these forums. My post was pointing out actual areas that Windows is better than Linux. Your post was useless.

grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by grey1960envoy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:00 am

Your post is pointing out things BETTER? in windoze than Linux maybe in your mind ...

monkeyboy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by monkeyboy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 am

JonM33 It's like there are a bunch of children on these forums. My post was pointing out actual areas that Windows is better than Linux. Your post was useless.[/quote]

Children? Well it could be worse we could be women.
http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/fo ... m.php?f=30

Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Oscar799 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:20 am

This is getting tedious - yet another thread about this subject in danger of turning into a flame war.
Please keep it polite or this thread will suffer the same fate as many of it's predecessors and end up locked.
Thank You
oscar799
Forum Admin

randomizer
Level 5
Level 5

Post by randomizer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:01 am

grey1960envoy wrote: Love it LOL !!!!!!! NOW jonm33 if you prefer to use windoze go use windoze it is no skin off my a*s
They way you have been posting it seems it most certainly is. Are you not capable of accepting that some people will not agree with you? I can't imagine what this forum would be like if everyone was a clone and thought exactly the same. Strangely enough you're posting on a forum for a distro which is very different to you philosophically. If you wanted to find people who will always agree with you, might I suggest the FSF mailing lists?

willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 am

Fred wrote:My goodness! Do you guys never tire of these "Windows is better/worse than Linux" threads? Who cares? Better for who and what? Worse for who and what? If you think Windows is better for you then use it. If you think Linux is better for your situation then use it.

What's to discuss? :-)

Fred
+1

JonM33
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JonM33 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:42 am

monkeyboy wrote:Children? Well it could be worse we could be women.
http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/fo ... m.php?f=30
Oh no, I have been internet stalked now. As if I've never seen that before. :roll: On a forum full of male nerds I don't think that's relevant except to show desperation on your end.

You should post there. You might learn a thing or too about women. ROFL!

Return to “Open chat”