New computer - Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820T

Chat about just about anything else
mikhou
Level 4
Level 4

New computer - Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820T

Post by mikhou »

Hey, I just wanted to share some of my excitement because my wife doesn't really care about computer specs, etc. I just purchased this Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820T.

It's exactly what I wanted. I am an American living and working overseas, and I wanted something light and portable yet powerful enough to handle my business apps. I looked at several other laptops before deciding, and when I found this one, I was really impressed. After reading the reviews, I was more impressed. Anyway, just wanted to share the news!

mikhou

EDIT: Sorry, I had a link to it earlier, but I didn't realize that it could look like an advertisement. Took out the link. I really just wanted to share the good news.
Last edited by mikhou on Fri May 06, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19

Re: New computer - Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820T

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here from Hardware Support

The advertisement has to go,but a picture without price/supplier details would be OK
richnbernie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by richnbernie »

I use an Acer Aspire that came from Walmart a couple years ago. Given to me.
It runs Mint 7 Gnome with no updates just fine. I like the clean desktop compared to Windows that has all kinds of clutter. I use the default theme as I have life and do not need an exciting desktop. Mint is only a tool for communicating.

rich
FACEBOOK, the privacy thief.
Halzen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Halzen »

Cheers from another happy 3820T owner. It handled Linux Mint 10 like a dream with only a few tweaks, and it's now on Fuduntu 14.10 and still smooth as silk. I swapped out the hard drive for an OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD (about $120, thanks for asking), and now I boot up in less than 20 seconds and every program I have loads near instantly.
Acer TimelineX: 13" LED, Intel Core i3 2.53Ghz dual-core, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Intel HD GMA graphics
Arch Linux + Openbox
casey972oo

Post by casey972oo »

Yeah ! ... ' Acer Aspire Timeline ' ! ... good engine ! ...

I surf with an ' Acer Ferrari One ' ! ... is a special-model of this ' Timeline-Serie ' ! ...

casey972oo

Return to “Open chat”