What the duck!!!

Post by colyn »

wtd.gif
LarryP
Level 3
Level 3

Re: What the duck!!!

Post by LarryP »

lol Colyn, I'm a " yes it is a &*@%$! russian rf" photographer. Just getting back into it from too many years away from it.
TANSTAAFL There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
colyn
Level 6
Level 6

Post by colyn »

I have a couple of Fed 1 cameras.

I also have a Kiev 2a (badged KNEB) dating from 1954 with matching 50mm f/2 J8 lens as well as a 35mm f/2.8 J12 and 85mm f/2 J9.

Gotta love the Jupiter lens...
LarryP
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LarryP »

I have the dread fed 5V with the I61l/d looking for a j8 and j11 and yep a good jupiter is sweet.I also have a yashica gsn it's nice but I swear the fed feels better in my hands. I suspect I'm developing the FSU fever as I'm also wanting an engraved zorki either 2 or 5. :lol:
colyn
Level 6
Level 6

Post by colyn »

So the Russians got ya... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Whenever I'm out with my Kiev (KNEB) I get some interesting comments. I've got a Kiev 4a which I plan to restore soon. It needs new shutter straps. I'll have to send it to Yuri in New York for that though..

I once adapted a I61 to a J8 shell. It took a bit of machining as well as trial and error to get the proper register but it worked great. Ended up selling it to a rangefinder forum member..

Most Yashicas I find nowdays has to have the POD replaced so I went over to the Kodak Retinas and Agfa Karats..Schneider optic are some of the best out there..

My Leicas are still my main users though..
LarryP
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LarryP »

Have to agree about those lenses. Come monday if I don't get lucky on a pentax 67 or perkeo with a color-skopar Yuri is probably getting my business for an engraved zorki 6 with an early 60's j8. He isn't cheap but you know his stuff is good and he stands behind it. I got lucky with the evil one on my 2 deals from there but not sure how many more times I can get lucky there :mrgreen: BTW if you want to unload on of those nasty leicas I'll swap you a gsn not suffering from POD :lol:

Return to “Open chat”