The Mint Café

Chat about just about anything else
verdegal37
Level 5
Level 5

Post by verdegal37 »

Hello blogger , thanks by the Mint juliep .
The Bravi Caffe already it has ordered the order of cafe and two boxes of liquor of cafe. :wink:
Thank you:
Agust
My operating system ????

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Thank you Agust,
The Cassandra Bliss Room is opening again tonight. We invite you to visit and have a nice time with your virtual friends. :)
CASSANDRA ROOM

kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Ahhh.. thanks Blogger. All the bottles went dry while you were gone (hic)!
Glad to see the cafe is open again and looking better than ever. :D

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Welcome to the Mint Café, Ken,

Have a cool Mint Juliep on the house. :)
Below is a sample of the special kind of entertainment that will take place in the Cassandra Bliss Room next Saturday evening, on the occasion of Celena's arrival. :) Everybody, members and guests are invited.
Virtual cocktails will be served.

Needless to say that the dancing girls will be there Live! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnrBi5uIY0

Your friend,
Blogger

kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Wow, can't wait to see those dancing girls. :D

I'll have a curare cocktail while I wait, please. (You did bring some back with you, didn't you?)

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello Ken,
I didn't bring back any Curare with me, unfortunately. :) But the Amazon natives gave me an ample supply of yajé.
I haven't tried it myself, but they claim it to be the best hallucinogen in the Jungle :) .

Would you join me for a good cocktail with a real kick? :lol:

Cheers,
Blogger

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello friends,
I thought I should pass on some good news about the problem I had with my Mustek 600CP scanner in Linux.
All these past three years I had given up hope, since I could never get some real help on the matter.
Well, here is the fellow who saved the day. Perhaps the information below will be of help to other people who have been trying to get their scanner to work in Linux. http://ascending.wordpress.com/2007/03/ ... mment-4408
My scanner is proudly working in Celena now.

Greetings,
Blogger

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

blogger wrote: I thought I should pass on some good news about the problem I had with my Mustek 600CP scanner in Linux.
How about making a posting in the 'Hardware Support' section in the forum then? That would be better and easier to find for others than to place this piece of info here in this non-technical thread ...

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Thank you Sorp123,
You are right. This post being non-technical, won't be of much help to many people who might be looking for help on a specific hardware problem.

Thanks for the very good advice.
Greetings,
Blogger

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

blogger wrote: many people who might be looking for help on a specific hardware problem.
I am mentioning this because I noticed that Google is indexing our forum 8) ... So chances are that if you post that into the "Hardware Support" section and some desperate soul types 'Linux Mustek 600CP scanner' that Google will find that posting and show it amongst the top results 8) Good for us as it helps promote Mint and good for the ones looking for help 8)

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Again, thanks Scorp123 for some very good suggestions.
Greetings

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:25 pm Subject: Scanner drivers
Subject description: Scanner doesnt work on Linux distros
Forum: Archive » Bea » "New Feature" Requests
[quote="Fragadelic"]What scanner do you have? Most times it is just a matter of manually editting a sane file to get it working especially if it is a parallel port scanner. Most usb ones work with linux.

EDIT Oct.20, 07
Though fragadelic had patiently given me step by step instructions, the actual problem was the fact that Xsane would not start and I got a
'Scanner not detected' warning. This is still true here, unless you start Gimp in the Terminal (sudo gimp).

Dear Mint friends,

I feel that I have to mention my first attempts to get help for my Mustek scanner from the Mint support group.
As you can see, Fragadelic from Canada was extremely kind, patient and persistent in guiding me through the necessary steps that I needed to set up my scanner. But of course, I didn't even know then what a comment (#) in a config file was all about!
Let alone that I was allergic to the Terminal.
He is one of the first members to join the Mint group, helping many people in their requests for help.

Another very able and active member that joined a little later is Scorp123
. And of course, many more skilled persons joined the Mint forum since then. They are too numerous to mention here; but they deserve the same praise for their precious contribution to the Mint project.

Allow me to congratulate these fellows who worked tirelessly, offering their technical skills to every one that requested some help. They are pioneers who were a part of Mint's success story.
And last, but not least, Clem himself (the developer of Mint), whose friendly approach in answering personally many requests, has been the main reason for this great success.

Congratulations and more successes to all.

Cheers,
Blogger
Last edited by blogger on Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind

John F. Kennedy

These words of the late John F. Kennedy are so wise and true that I could not resist posting them here.

Anyone disagreeing?

Cheers, Blogger

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Haello, everybody!!

Post by blogger »

Ragnar wrote:Hi, everyone!

This is my first time here at the Mint Cafe and i trully love it!

I hope that we ll continue to have fun and in my first post, i would like to give my regards to the admins and of course to the creator of the Mint Cafe, npap.

Aaand, my personal admiration to the bartender of the lounge bar is an absolute fact

A bloody Mint on the rocks for me, please...!!!!

R.
Hello everybody,
The quotation above is indicative of the spirit of the Mint gang in the beginning, as seen in the first pages of the Mint Café.
I would like to stress the fact that the Café's purpose has been to get all Mint friends together for a few moments of socializing and relaxation.
It was meant to be an off-topic post, for everyone who wishes to chat with the gang or to express his thoughts and ideas.
May I remind everybody that this post belongs to Linux Mint; it is not a personal 'blog'

So, please feel free to post anything 'off-topic' here.
Best regards,
Blogger

PS I personally regret the fact if, in the past, there has been any misunderstanding or if anyone may have felt offended.
Please accept my apologies.

kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

i would like to give my regards to the admins and of course to the creator of the Mint Cafe, npap.
Ah, npap, I remember him well. Too bad that young rogue ran off with Bianca!

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

I don't blame him, Ken. :)
Who could resist Bianca's charms. But I wonder whether he hasn't heard of
Cassandra, the witch.
And now we have Celena! It's a shame the law doesn't allow us to have as many of them as we wish. :lol: Does Clem know that? I wonder. :)

Now they're talking about Daryna. Well, I give up! At my age , I wouldn't be able to handle more than two of them, :cry: Especially French girls!

Greetings,
Blogger

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

kenetics wrote: Ah, npap, I remember him well. Too bad that young rogue ran off with Bianca!
Me thinks that npap and blogger are one and the same person. :D

For one: blogger is using npap's PhotoBucket folders. Take the avatar for example. If you follow it's HTML properties you will find that the link for it is:

http://i122.removed/albums/o264/npap/430BC-1a.jpg
What do we read in the URL? ^^^^ 'npap' ....

You can see the full album here:
//Edit/ link removed at the request of npap / husse//

Many of blogger's screenshots, signature files, and so on are in there. So if 'blogger' and 'npap' are not the same person, I wonder how come that 'blogger' is using npap's PhotoBucket album? :D

I noticed this a few months ago when I followed the link to blogger's avatar ... 8)

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello Scorp123,
First, let me say that I am really happy to hear from an old friend.
I never doubted your ability to make very clever deductions, and in this case you hit the nail in the head!
Now that I can't hide any more, I admit: guilty as charged, Your Honor. :lol:

Best regards,
Blogger?

PS Here's to your health, a Votka Mint.
Last edited by blogger on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Post by AlsaPhil »

i respected over years ( :D ) Blogger's undercover activities and my services knew since begin about this identity joke... as well we think Ben Laden and George W. are one and the same person. We live in a very strange world...

verdegal37
Level 5
Level 5

Post by verdegal37 »

jajajajaja Blogger? npap ? :roll: of what itself entire one in the Mint Cafe. :wink:
Good very good scorp123.
Greetings i enjoy LinuxMint;
Agust
My operating system ????

Return to “Open chat”