The Mint Café

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Re: The Mint Café

Post by Portreve »

Random Thoughts For The Day

You can't cancel SiriusXM via their web site, it seems. Looks like they want you to talk to someone so they can have a crack at customer retention. Nevertheless, I want to ditch it and then subscribe to BritBox.

Today I went to a store in Tampa to audit. It was pouring like crazy, and I had a couple close calls just because of the insane amount of rain on the ground. Anyhow, I pulled into th lot and hit a huge puddle. I heard a bit of a strange noise after that as I drove the very short distance up to a parking spot, but I figured it was just wanter being kicked up within the wheel wells, so I didn't think much about it. However, when I got back into my car 8 hours later and went to back up, I heard the same noise, and it was unmistakably a dragging noise. I moved around a bit in the parking lot to confirm, and then I got out and look around, but couldn't see a thing.

As I write this, I'm at a local Tire Kingdom and they're checking it out. Apparently, a protective undercarriage panel had come loose and it was dragging on something. They bolted it back in place, but now they're checking out something else that's causing another noise. So I'm waiting, and hoping it will be stupidly simple as well.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I was completely blocked and got this:

lock details:
Your IP:
URL: forums.linuxmint.com/
Your Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36
Block ID: TMP021
Block reason: Your IP address was temporarily blocked by our IDS.
Time: 2022-04-22 10:20:22
Server ID: 12008
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Long time since I came on here so I thought I'd drop in and see what's new around here. Ignore the temporarily mostly blank profile, I'm altering a few things on it
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
senjoz
Level 5
Level 5

Post by senjoz »

antikythera wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:04 am Long time since I came on here so I thought I'd drop in and see what's new around here.
Welcome back to the Linux Mint Forums, antikythera! You were absent for more than one year.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

And one sh1storm of a time it was too. Supposedly what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? :lol:
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Today was my last day at a job I've had for over six years. It's the longest I've ever been employed with a single company. It was time to move on, and my next job is going to get my foot back into the technology world. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Portreve wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:00 pm Today was my last day at a job I've had for over six years. It's the longest I've ever been employed with a single company. It was time to move on, and my next job is going to get my foot back into the technology world. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.
My last job I stayed with for 5 1/2 years (I had planned on being there at least 7 1/2 years but I got fed up with the Baloney Sausage there and retired for keeps). I was at the previous job only 32 years.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Portreve wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:00 pm Today was my last day at a job I've had for over six years. It's the longest I've ever been employed with a single company. It was time to move on, and my next job is going to get my foot back into the technology world. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.
good luck with the new job
Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

:mrgreen: I'm choosing to post my 200th post in this thread and wish everyone a wonderful weekend. :mrgreen:
if you want my attention...quote me so I get a notification
Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes a little longer to solve..
It is like it is.. because you do as you do.. if you hadn't done it as you did.. it wouldn't have become as it is. ;)
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Marie SWE wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:04 pm :mrgreen: I'm choosing to post my 200th post in this thread and wish everyone a wonderful weekend. :mrgreen:
Thank you! May you have an even better one!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

antikythera wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:39 am Karma at work here :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-w ... e-62312529
:mrgreen:
Jeannie

Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Maybe it was because of the negative workplace environment this sign engendered:

antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

You know the expression "Don't sh1t on your own doorstep?"

Someone should tell the water companies...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62574105

They use the 'storm release' excuse far too often even when it hasn't been raining heavily after a prolongued period of dry weather
This is only supposed to happen in exceptional circumstances. However, in 2020 and 2021, there were almost 400,000 spill events.
bobpace
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bobpace »

OK.
Struggling with Linux Mint and it's upgrade to 21. *frowny face*

Make mine an extra extra strong Mint Julip. (of Which I have no idea of what it/that is...)

Or rather Poitín (from a freezer) served with one cube of ice on a bed of (dry) paracetamol. (Hereinafter referred to as "Grounds for divorce" - an English song but still a worthy sentiment)

Whatever gets you through the night.
Opposite_Keith

Post by Opposite_Keith »

i was pretty nervous on how people would think of me when entering my jazz combos class but today was pretty good and i had a lot of fun playing with my bass guitar with others even if i made some slip ups on hitting notes. bound to happen anyways for how clumsy i am at times. other than that. im doing ok in linux.
Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Marie SWE wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:04 pm :mrgreen: I'm choosing to post my 200th post in this thread and wish everyone a wonderful weekend. :mrgreen:
another milestone is reached.

This is my 666 post, so I make this post in here again and posting a video with:
:twisted: Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast (Official Video) :twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM

Take care and it is weekend again, so I say as last time.. I wish everyone a wonderful weekend. 8)
if you want my attention...quote me so I get a notification
Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes a little longer to solve..
It is like it is.. because you do as you do.. if you hadn't done it as you did.. it wouldn't have become as it is. ;)

Return to “Open Chat”