The Mint Café

Chat about just about anything else
User avatar
MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by MintyFree »

scorp123 wrote:
npap wrote:Maybe you have some cookies or stored passwords in your browser and everytime you touch a web site that has a "Tell your friends on Facebook!" button (there are _MANY_ such web sites out there!) you get auto-logged in and thus your Facebook account re-activates.
I was thinking the same thing. I used the Add 'n Edit Cookies add-on when I deactivated my account because I had the same problem. I hate facebook, especially when family finds you because then you have to watch what you say. I just want to talk about my philosophies and ideas without being told "Robert! You are not allowed to believe in (*insert belief/idea/philosophy here*)! I'll disown you!". I mean hell, I believe in something, just not an omnipotent god who'd make only one planet of people then tell 'em a bunch of wrong scientific facts which are later found to be false. I doth believe I'm starting to loose my original train of thought though.
Monster Desktop: 4GB DDR2 RAM/2.5 GHz AMD Phantom II Quad-Core/ATI Radeon 4200 with 512MB of Memory
Betamine: 756MB DDR RAM/1.8GHz AMD Sempron +3000 Single-Core/SiS -something- with like 16MB of Memory

User avatar
npap
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by npap »

scorp123 wrote:
npap wrote: I just wanted to see my old friend Scorp's true self.
And yet you still hide your's behind that fake account? Is that fair? :D
npap wrote: As a matter of fact, I have been trying to de-activate my Facebook account, and every time I do, I get an email telling me that my account has been re-activated :oops:
Maybe you have some cookies or stored passwords in your browser and everytime you touch a web site that has a "Tell your friends on Facebook!" button (there are _MANY_ such web sites out there!) you get auto-logged in and thus your Facebook account re-activates.
Thanks Scorp,
I've been going around like the crazy captain hollering "who stole my strawberries"! Oh those cookies! I hate them. :oops:
But I think, after digging up for some jewels in the stupid Treasure Island, I got it!
I have an ornery grandson who sends me stuff which I'm supposed to accept and then he pretends to be me, playing the game for me.
He somehow memorized the key strokes when I logged in to Facebook once and stole my password. He's got a terrific memory.

Anyway, I hope you took a look at my stupid Facebook page. The pirate (Mr.Bean) in the profile picture is myself in disguise.
I may some day manage to de-activate my account. I don't have time to play games and I hurt all over most of the time.
@MintyFree, pass the stuff around, I need some.

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:19 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by scorp123 »

npap wrote: I may some day manage to de-activate my account.
And why don't you delete it permanently? If you enter "how to delete facebook account" into Google you get results like this one:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

User avatar
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on a Florida beach
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by kenetics »

Greetings Scorp! :D
Your comments and assistance are greatly missed! Hope everything is going well with you.
Have a limeade on me. As I recall, you don't drink much but always left good tips!
“Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre

User avatar
npap
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by npap »

scorp123 wrote:
npap wrote: I may some day manage to de-activate my account.
And why don't you delete it permanently? If you enter "how to delete facebook account" into Google you get results like this one:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703
Thanks again Scorp,
Your tip is greatly appreciated.
Kenetics is right. We do miss the help that you always were eager to give to anybody, even to some lazy annoying "dudes"
who wanted a ready-made answer, instead of looking up Google or the forums.

Yes, I am going to delete the damn Facebook; the whole shebang. But then how will I be able to spy on you. :lol:

@kenetics
Who said that Scorp doesn't drink. The last time I recollect he sent to the Mint Café a bottle of some very expensive 12-year-old whiskey. It was delicious, but I can't remember the brand.

Cheers,
npap

User avatar
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on a Florida beach
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by kenetics »

npap wrote:
Yes, I am going to delete the damn Facebook; the whole shebang. But then how will I be able to spy on you. :lol:
Does this mean the end of "Blogger" and the Mint house? :wink:
Who said that Scorp doesn't drink. The last time I recollect he sent to the Mint Café a bottle of some very expensive 12-year-old whiskey. It was delicious, but I can't remember the brand.
Was that the bottle with the scorpion inside? :lol:
“Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre

User avatar
npap
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by npap »

Hello Ken,
Blogger is around somewhere. He does show up once in a while, but he's running away from the IRS, I hear. :)

Now, come to think of it, that bottle of booze that Scorp sent us did have a sting to it :lol:
As a matter of fact, the bottle was too dark to see what was inside, and the contents had a pretty dark color too.
And dark Rum happened to be my favorite drink at that time. :)
Do you suppose it was one of Scorp's pranks? :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
npap alive

User avatar
vrkalak
Level 12
Level 12
Posts: 4410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:53 pm
Location: Santa Fe, NM, USA

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by vrkalak »

npap wrote: The last time I recollect he sent to the Mint Café a bottle of some very expensive 12-year-old whiskey. It was delicious, but I can't remember the brand.
As a souvenir from my last trip to the Balkans ... I have a bottle of 'old, old' Russian Vodka ... according to the label bottled in 1936.

And ... NO, you can't open it. :lol:
Image
:: Debian-Sid (Xfce/Fluxbox) :: LinuxMint-18 (LTS) LXDE w/Openbox ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: My DeviantART Page

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:19 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by scorp123 »

vrkalak wrote: And ... NO, you can't open it. :lol:
We probably DONT want to. :lol:

Chances are it has turned into rocket fuel and will blow the head off from anyone trying to open it ... The next thing you'll probably see is St. Vladimir with a ring of burning gas around his head appearing before you, challenging you to a Vodka duel. If you win you remain dead. If you lose --and against Vladimir you will lose-- you're sent back into your body and when you return to full consciousness you'd wish there be a Russian tank battalion rolling over your head because the pain from the Vodka is unbearable ...

Image

"... You opened the sacred bottle! Now you must suffer .... And you did pay your gas bills, right?"

User avatar
MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by MintyFree »

I'm going to try to add the terminal background thing to my desktop even though I'm in no condition to be on a computer all atg. Wish me luick.
Monster Desktop: 4GB DDR2 RAM/2.5 GHz AMD Phantom II Quad-Core/ATI Radeon 4200 with 512MB of Memory
Betamine: 756MB DDR RAM/1.8GHz AMD Sempron +3000 Single-Core/SiS -something- with like 16MB of Memory

User avatar
vrkalak
Level 12
Level 12
Posts: 4410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:53 pm
Location: Santa Fe, NM, USA

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by vrkalak »

scorp123 wrote:Chances are it has turned into rocket fuel and will blow the head off from anyone trying to open it
Ahh . . . the 'good' stuff. :lol:

*in reality, I don't drink.
Image
:: Debian-Sid (Xfce/Fluxbox) :: LinuxMint-18 (LTS) LXDE w/Openbox ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: My DeviantART Page

User avatar
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on a Florida beach
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by kenetics »

Aha! I discovered that Scorp likes Tequila Sunrises and spicy Bloody Marys. One of each coming up!
“Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre

User avatar
npap
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by npap »

I thought only vampires go for that bloody stuff,Ken :lol:

User avatar
mr.magoo
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by mr.magoo »

Figured I drop in and waste a little time. Just cleared my toilet, my teeth are bad, my skin is bad, seems all I seem to do is vacate and my brain is fried. Other than that, life's a peach! Gotta try to clean myself up here in just a few minutes; these days an exercise in futility. I take too many meds and use too many chemicals to clear up too many problems. As they say, "life's a beach!" Hey, maybe I should write poetry!

I don't smoke, I don't party and I don't go out because I don't trust my body and I seem to be incompetent at all I attempt.

Anyway, just wanted to waste a little time and I do apologize for moping in the cafe. One thing I've learned in this already too long life of mine is to never say, "things can always get worse." Experience is a harsh mistress.

So, a doff of the hat and a tip of the cup to all you brainy Minties out there.

G'night.

:lol: hysterically

vincent
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 am

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by vincent »

I feel like my brain is fried too...got several exams coming up in the next few days, and I've done as much cramming as I possibly could over the last few days. Argh, I can't wait 'til summer vacation comes along!
Debian Testing x64/LM9 Main x64/Windows 7 x64 - LG R580 laptop w/ Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.1 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Geforce G 105M, Ralink rt2860 802.11n, 300 GB WD HD 5400 rpm

User avatar
MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by MintyFree »

mr.magoo wrote: I don't smoke, I don't party and I don't go out because I don't trust my body and I seem to be incompetent at all I attempt.
I'd highly recommend this one drug that lets you chillax and slow down and could possibly cure the following:

-Depression
-Stress-Caused Acne
-Bipolar Disorder
-Insomnia
-Anorexia
-Lack of Appetite.

It's called Cannabis Sativa and all it is the most awesome thing you can buy for ten dollars.
Monster Desktop: 4GB DDR2 RAM/2.5 GHz AMD Phantom II Quad-Core/ATI Radeon 4200 with 512MB of Memory
Betamine: 756MB DDR RAM/1.8GHz AMD Sempron +3000 Single-Core/SiS -something- with like 16MB of Memory

User avatar
mr.magoo
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by mr.magoo »

I've already tried that "remedy," in fact, I was a pothead for many years. If I smoked now, I'd likely be happy, but I'd get less done than I do now and there's no way I could function mentally with it (not that I do too well with that as it is... too much pot :? ). I also live in a "no tolerance" county.

User avatar
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on a Florida beach
Contact:

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by kenetics »

Some encouragement -

"There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt." ~Author Unknown

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy." -Voltaire

Ken
Last edited by kenetics on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre

User avatar
MintyFree
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by MintyFree »

mr.magoo wrote:I've already tried that "remedy," in fact, I was a pothead for many years. If I smoked now, I'd likely be happy, but I'd get less done than I do now and there's no way I could function mentally with it (not that I do too well with that as it is... too much pot :? ). I also live in a "no tolerance" county.
I'm a light toker, just once or twice a week is good for me. The most I've smoked at once was only like four or five bowls. It was good stuff though, I can tell because I don't remember what happened XD.
Monster Desktop: 4GB DDR2 RAM/2.5 GHz AMD Phantom II Quad-Core/ATI Radeon 4200 with 512MB of Memory
Betamine: 756MB DDR RAM/1.8GHz AMD Sempron +3000 Single-Core/SiS -something- with like 16MB of Memory

User avatar
mr.magoo
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by mr.magoo »

I hate Google! :o

Post Reply

Return to “Open chat”