Samba sharing on a Xoom (Solved)

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
msm

Samba sharing on a Xoom (Solved)

Post by msm »

I got a Motorola Xoom the other day and am looking for a way to easily set up ftp sharing between the tablet and the laptop with LMDE. Can anyone point me to a good guide to set it up? I've already downloaded the Samba app from Android market.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Samba sharing on a Xoom

Post by altair4 »

I wouldn't know a Motorola Zoom if I tripped over it and I can't help you with ftp so this may be a useless response but I might be able to help you with creating a share on Mint for the Samba client on Zoom to access:

Simple File Sharing in Mint: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=23169
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
msm

Re: Samba sharing on a Xoom

Post by msm »

Found a solution following this guide: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=60620
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Samba sharing on a Xoom (Solved)

Post by altair4 »

I freely admit this is just pure unadulterated ego on my part but this sort of thing just hasn't happened very often in my life :lol: .

From your link:
A user called Altair4 on the Linux Mint Debian Edition forums helped refine this howto with his critique of my slightly out of date approach that I used before.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
msm

Re: Samba sharing on a Xoom (Solved)

Post by msm »

altair4 wrote:I freely admit this is just pure unadulterated ego on my part but this sort of thing just hasn't happened very often in my life :lol: .

From your link:
A user called Altair4 on the Linux Mint Debian Edition forums helped refine this howto with his critique of my slightly out of date approach that I used before.
Why, you're a celeb :P

Return to “Open Chat”