US Assassin Drones dump Windows shift to Linux Drone Control

Chat about just about anything else
ASmith
Level 3
Level 3

US Assassin Drones dump Windows shift to Linux Drone Control

Post by ASmith »

American Drone Controls Experiencing Virus Assault Migrate to Linux

After the control systems of American military drones became contaminated with Windows USB viruses in 2011, there has been a shift of these control systems to adopting Linux operating system, published TheRegister on January 12, 2012.

The proliferation of virus's targeting the US DOD computers and especially the F-22 and US Kill Drones via USB based virus successfully pushed the US Pentagon into globally banning USB devices by the US troops and disabling USB connected drives on their systems. While DARPA and DOD often use in house US military programming languages, I am sad to see the Linux OS used to further USA's Military caused fatality's around the world.

Sure it's just another tool, however:
I for one would like to see a inclusion in Linux OS licensing Forbidding any nation or organisation to use the Linux OS to run a weapons platform used to murder someone.

Reference:
http://www.spamfighter.com/News-17321-A ... -Linux.htm
Kevin108
Level 4
Level 4

Re: US Assassin Drones dump Windows shift to Linux Drone Con

Post by Kevin108 »

The other side of that is that some of the most expensive, high-tech gadgets out there in a strict military work environment have proven how unsafe Windows is.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
RedCell989
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RedCell989 »

I don't think it would stop them from using it. They would probably either use it anyways, or pass legislation allowing them to use it somehow.
ASmith
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ASmith »

redcell989 writes, I don't think it would stop them from using it. They would probably either use it anyways, or pass legislation allowing them to use it somehow.
Yes redcell989 that's a valid point and possible however the collateral lives killed in almost every US drone execution is higher in innocent bodys than the intended target. All of which were extra-judical murders, without court charges, without trials even thou under Bush/Cheney vetting some 90%+ extra-renditions found they had kidnapped,tortured,imprisoned a very innocent individual whom even a military tribunal couldn't find a evidential substantive grain of criminal proof to charge them with.

I just feel any military or nation using Linux OS specifically for the purpose of taking someones life should be forbidden and listed as such in the Linux general licensing.
Last edited by ASmith on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Roken »

The alternative is that they use hardware controlled by virus infested Windows which will potentially blow their own troops up instead of someone else's troops. You will never stop governments killing, and your proposal would simply change the victim.
Kernel Linux Tex 4.8.13-1-ARCH (64 bit) xfce , burg
Arch
GTX680 4Gb
OSS4
AMD Phenom II X4 (965BE) @ 3.6 Ghz
8Gb RAM

Return to “Open chat”