Oldest piece in my desktop broke, the 500 watts rather HQ PSU, forgot its name, replaced, ? came to mind

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fruitkiller

Oldest piece in my desktop broke, the 500 watts rather HQ PSU, forgot its name, replaced, ? came to mind

Post by fruitkiller »

I run an AMD Radeon HD 7870 on the desktop. I asked for the same strength of power supply, and their pick was great, that and my EVO cooling stack make my desktop totally silent, which well, I didn't hear a computer so quiet since my 386 PC as a kid.

I'm wondering though, if I wanted to add another card with crossfire (I got the adapter) or if I wanted a more recent AMD graphic card, or nvidia, but I prefer to stay with AMD as my favourite shop in town is AMD and ASUS accredited so I get 3 year in-store warranties.

What are the series this PSU could work with? if you want an inxi it's fine, I will provide it, I know it's the graphic card I'm telling you about, i'm looking at the box it came in back when I installed it and replaced my old crappy nVidia 380GT card (or was it 360). As always, I ask this community first, you guys use Mint, so you most often have great answers ;)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Oldest piece in my desktop broke, the 500 watts rather HQ PSU, forgot its name, replaced, ? came to mind

Post by Moem »

So is your actual question:
"Which graphic cards will work with my power supply"?

Great answers are a result of great questions. :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”