Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
Mozenrath
Level 4
Level 4

Nvidia clock speed much lower than it should be

Postby Mozenrath » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 pm

I just bought a Zotac card with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 GPU. It seems great, except when I look at the clock speed in the Nvidia settings, it says that it's at performance level 3 with a graphics clock speed of 549 Mhz. This seems rather low, since the card is supposed to have a clock speed of up to 993 Mhz. Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be able to increase the clock speed somehow?

yellu
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nvidia clock speed much lower than it should be

Postby yellu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:20 am

I have the same GPU (MSI GTX 660 TF) and the same problem. Nvidia Control Center under Windows tells me the card has a graphic clock of 1032 Mhz and a memory data rate of 6008 Mhz. nvidia-settings under linux tells me 549 Mhz graphic clock and 3004 Mhz memory clock.

I am confused.. can anyone explain what is happening?

Mozenrath
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Nvidia clock speed much lower than it should be

Postby Mozenrath » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:26 pm

From the little information I could find, apparently it could be that the clock speed isn't being reported properly, but supposedly the clock speed should be fine.

For some reason, I can't just trust that assumption. :? It's too bad you can't overclock newer Nvidia cards under linux, because then I could just set it to the proper clock speed and all would be good.

Return to “Graphic Cards & Monitors”