Desktop cube ghosting [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
badmotor

Desktop cube ghosting [SOLVED]

Post by badmotor »

Hopefully this is not too silly a question. I can enable the desktop cube, but when I do I get a "ghosting" effect on my desktop wallpaper - you can kinda see the faint outline of the 4 desktops in the background.

What would be causing this? would it be because I don't have a separate graphics card, just the in-built Intel one?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Desktop cube ghosting

Post by Husse »

It could be that your built in graphics does not have quite the "umph" needed, but I honestly don't know and I don't recognize this error
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

Yeah, I haven't seen that on any machine I have installed either. :?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Check the desktop cube opacity settings, they may be set to be slightly transparent when now spinning the cube, that will cause that effect.
badmotor

Re: Desktop cube ghosting [SOLVED]

Post by badmotor »

McLovin wrote:Check the desktop cube opacity settings, they may be set to be slightly transparent when now spinning the cube, that will cause that effect.
Hey, thanks man! I didn't even think about settings - I had all sorts of preferences setup (which must have been causing it), but then just changed the profile to the default "Hollywood got nothing" and all is well.

Compiz rulz 8)

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”