Anyone have any luck getting the nvidia 6100se working?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone have any luck getting the nvidia 6100se working?

Post by jbaerbock »

Basically lappy is frying itself everytime I use it so I bought a new desktop. This desktop has an nvidia 6100se graphics card which I cannot seem to get to work. Though I must admit I have only tried doing it in the liveCD since I do not want to repartition my 500gb HDD unless I know it all works lol.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Anyone have any luck getting the nvidia 6100se working?

Post by red-e-made »

jbaerbock wrote:Basically lappy is frying itself everytime I use it so I bought a new desktop. This desktop has an nvidia 6100se graphics card which I cannot seem to get to work. Though I must admit I have only tried doing it in the liveCD since I do not want to repartition my 500gb HDD unless I know it all works lol.
At the risk of sounding like I'm insulting your intelligence, did you run Envy NG, and ask it to automatically install nvidia drivers? If that's the case, then I don't know what to tell you.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

I did but I was using the liveCD so in order to test if it worked I did a ctrl+alt+backspace and when the environment came back up it said something to the event of invalid driver or some such.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Took the dive and my card did work in a fresh installed environment after using EnvyNG. So now Mint is my sole OS and it runs WoW like a champ!

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”