Wierd red pixels running down side of screen

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Wierd red pixels running down side of screen

Post by Acid_1 »

Sorry, I looked but could not find where to stick this topic, so if it needs to get moved, great if not, even better. Anyhow, I have this red line of pixels running down the left side of my screen. They just showed up when I brought my pc out of hibernation, and they won't go away after a restart. I know it's not my screen cause they go away when mint isn't running. Also, a new development I just noticed. When firefox is maximized, it is red down everywhere but beside where the html is loaded. Anyhow, if anybody know why and/or how to fix this that'd be great. Thanks :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Wierd red pixels running down side of screen

Post by Husse »

If it's still there after a cold reboot I would say it's really strange. This is not something you'd expect to be stored in the disk...
The description "Wierd red pixels running down side of screen" seems like a classic video error, but the Firefox error does not although it could be
You don't say which graphics card you have, really important in a case like this
If nvidia or ATI reinstall the driver
The intel drivers are included in Mint but possible to reinstall through Synaptic
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

Yes, and a page has to be loaded and full screen in order for it to do that. If Firefox is just windowed it still does the same. And again, only on the side where html is loaded. All the menu's and stuff still have the red line. Also, when shutting down the system it's still there, but at grub it's not. I also just have a built-in chip with 8mb of onboard memory. So, it's defualt supported, without nvidia or ati. Thanks.
Husse

Post by Husse »

out of hibernation
If you continuously use hibernation I wonder if there's something in the swap partition that does it.
If you have enough memory to do without swap try > swap off > format as swap > swap on
I don't know if there can be something that stays there and bites you but it is a simple absolutely harmless operation

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”