Forum rules
Before you post please read this
nedim.hx
Level 1
Level 1

2 cards (AMD&nVidia) 3 Monitors PROBLEMS

Post by nedim.hx » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello I have 2 problems

1. problem with installing correct driver for integrated nVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 driver, on geforce.com/drivers when I cose legacy drivers, I can find my nvidia model but only for windows OS. I have try to install one of recommended from drivers manager at Linux Mint, but after system is bootet and I open administartion window driver is crashed and Linux mint template is changed to some easy design.

2. Even with that nVidia driver, I cant use monitor at same time with other 2 monitors at Radeon HD 5450 card)
After nvidia driver problem, and when I install radeon driver from drivers manager at linux mint, then I can only use radeons 2 monitors.

Can anyone help me to find perfect nvidia driver for my integrated nvidia card and then to configure setting to use both card with 3 monitors at the same time.

Than you !

roblm
Level 10
Level 10

Re: 2 cards (AMD&nVidia) 3 Monitors PROBLEMS

Post by roblm » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:31 pm

nedim.hx wrote:1. problem with installing correct driver for integrated nVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 driver, on geforce.com/drivers when I cose legacy drivers, I can find my nvidia model but only for windows OS. I have try to install one of recommended from drivers manager at Linux Mint, but after system is bootet and I open administartion window driver is crashed and Linux mint template is changed to some easy design.
The driver should be selected under GeForce > GeForce 6 Series. The 304.131 driver is recommended. Is that the driver you selected in Driver Manager?

The easiest solution is to connect all 3 monitors to the Radeon HD 5450 card. It probably has a DVI, VGA and HDMI output. You may need to use an adapter.

I don't think the GeForce 6150 GPU has enough processing power to be used in Mint 17 Cinnamon. One of my older systems has a GeForce 6200, which is a step above your 6150 in performance. It will run Mint 17 Cinnamon with a very noticeable slowdown, so Mint Xfce is being used but even that shows a little slowdown. Also, connecting monitors to both of your GPUs won't work in Cinnamon.

It will probably work with Mint MATE or Xfce but a custom xorg.conf file will probably be needed.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”