Linux Mint 17.3 and HP zbook Docking station Quadro K2200M

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wicus

Linux Mint 17.3 and HP zbook Docking station Quadro K2200M

Post by wicus »

Hi

About 4 weeks ago I tried to install Mint 17.3 on my Hp Zbook G2 17", but I could not get the displays to work , or even boot up, when I connect my laptop to the docking status

The drivers for the docking station is Nvidia Quadro K2200M. I did install the latest NVIDIA run file - NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-361.45.11.run - but still no joy.

I also tried installing mint without the laptop in the Docking station, but then as soon as I connect it to the docking station, all displays died

When trying to install while the zbook is connected to the docking station, the installation window don't even show up

Is this setup supported with Mint 17.3 x64 - or is Docking station (with 2 screens connected to it - not supported ??

Wicus
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wicus

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 and HP zbook Docking station Quadro K2200M

Post by wicus »

I'm now on Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, and it still only support one screen on the docking station - or if you want to mirror thew, 2)

It still doesn't allow you to extend the screens over 2 screens, or even the 4 screen options which is available on the docking station.

There must be a linux version out there which support this - does anyone know which linux flavor ?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”