HD5450 widescreen resolution missing ?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sikejsudjek

HD5450 widescreen resolution missing ?

Post by sikejsudjek »

I have a HD5450 hooked up via vga to a 37 inch panasonic vierra widescreen plasma tv. The only resolutions I can select in mint 18 are the display options 800x600 or 1024x768 4:3

Do I need to set 1366 x 768 somehow to get the correct resolution ? If so how ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: HD5450 widescreen resolution missing ?

Post by roblm »

You need to post some additional info. Use these commands in the Terminal:
1.inxi -Fx
2. xrandr

3. The model number of the TV.

4. Use this command to open the “Xorg.0.log” file, or open the Log File Viewer:

Code: Select all

xed /var/log/Xorg.0.log
Press Ctrl+A to select the entire file contents. Right click on the screen and select “Copy”. Don't save it to a file. Open the Mint Forum reply window and select “Code” in the menu. Press Ctrl+V to paste the lines between the two code words.
If you have problems posting that long file, then upload it to pastebin.com by using this command:

Code: Select all

pastebin /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Post the URL link that displays in the Terminal window.
sikejsudjek

Re: HD5450 widescreen resolution missing ?

Post by sikejsudjek »

Thanks for that - I've finally located the instruction manual online - and I now think its at the correct resolution, even though the aspect ratio looks slightly off. Its a panasonic plasma TH37PX70 from 2007. Oddly the tv menu gives an option for wxga (1366x768) which is what confused me - this according to the more detailed specs is only for the 50 inch model. As the maximum for the 37 inch model I have is 1024x720 via vga I'm guessing its just stretching the image slightly to get it to fit.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”