ati catalyst 9.2 green tinted fonts with scaling

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
element

ati catalyst 9.2 green tinted fonts with scaling

Post by element »

fresh install of mint6 x64. downloaded and installed the new catalysts from ati's site. radeon hd4870.
when the desktop loads the fonts are tinted green instead of pure white. i played with colors and truetype and such to no avail.
but playing around in the ati control center, i finally realized that if i change the setting for image scaling to "no scaling" from the default "scale image" it clears the font issue, they are white again.
they will stay white from that point on even if i turn scaling back on.
the problem is i have to do this every session. the fix does not persist.

any ideas? besides "buy invidia"?

and the fans, any way to control them like in the windows version of catalyst? the default 50% is unnecessarily fast and loud.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
element

Re: ati catalyst 9.2 green tinted fonts with scaling

Post by element »

did i post in the wrong section? i just noticed the "announcements" header. if so maybe an admin can move it. or delete this post.
element

Post by element »

could be that i'm using an hdmi input, i've seen some other posts about hdmi problems. will test it in a day or 2. till then i'll keep talking to myself. :lol:
element

Post by element »

never did test it, maybe when ati gets their **** together. i think its related to this though, http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=22043

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”