Intel Graphics Update Tool Adds Support for Ubuntu 16.04

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/09/inte ... untu-16-04

Is this any good for Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Intel Graphics Update Tool Adds Support for Ubuntu 16.04

Post by richyrich »

By reading the comments I wouldn't touch it. (but that is just me)
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

I never noticed the comments , you're right it doesn't look very good.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

richyrich wrote:By reading the comments I wouldn't touch it. (but that is just me)
I agree 100% ... note the phrase "This tool aims to make the latest Intel Graphics Stack available before it gets officially released by Linux". In other words a bug fest. The people who would be know enough top deal with the problems generally won;t touch that stuff and the beginners who can't solve those problems are going to be the ones to jump on it.

And BTW that blog from that link, like many Linux blogs, is rubbish. I've gotten 90% or more useful Mint support info from ubuntuforums and askubuntu, which is exactly where those guys get all their stuff too. And then half the time they get it wrong or don't bother telling you how to revert changes.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”