Cannot install Bumblebee and Proper Nvidia Drivers

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aokurami

Cannot install Bumblebee and Proper Nvidia Drivers

Post by Aokurami »

Good day, Linux Experts!

Here am I, complaining about entire day wasted.

Pretty much, what is the issue. I am trying to install Bumblebee, but anytime I am trying to follow guide (>>GUIDE<<) steps, I am always stuck on this command:
sudo gpasswd -a $USER bumblebee
It always returns with an error:
gpasswd: group 'bumblebee' does not exist in /etc/group
I've surfed the entire web, and didn't find a solution. Maybe someone here know how to fix this problem? It will be greatly appreciated.

System: Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon
GPU: Nvidia 660M

I am trying to install: Nvidia 378 Drivers with Bumblebee. Why? Because when I am just installing Nvidia drivers, I always get Cinnamon error, and it never starts. the only solution I found is Bumblebee.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Cannot install Bumblebee and Proper Nvidia Drivers

Post by JerryF »

You need to create the group named "bumblebee".

Settings, Users and Groups, Groups tab, Add
Aokurami

Post by Aokurami »

Well, thank you for your reply.

I've tried to launch "Users and Groups" app, but it does nothing, even not launching up. Maybe there's another way to manage or fix it?
Aokurami

Post by Aokurami »

Ok, I got users and group to work through terminal. But now I got another problem... (Seems like my Linux is just working against me using it)

When I follow the guide to the next step after adding new user, I got another error using command listed below:

Command:
sudo systemctl enable bumblebeed
Error:
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory
Any suggestions?
Aokurami

Post by Aokurami »

^UPD: So I got through all the process, it took me a lot of dancing around a fire to get it work...

And here am I, so happy. But now I got probably (I hope) last problem. I got desktop bug: >>CLICK<<

Maybe anyone know how to fix it?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”