Display Port not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aeducan

Display Port not working

Post by Aeducan »

I have 2 4K monitors connected and run them both through displayport cables. I had to dig up a HDMI cable to get one monitor to work and am not sure what I need to do to get my dual monitor set-up to work at 4k. Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MichaBit

Re: Display Port not working

Post by MichaBit »

Ive got the same Problem and do not find a solution on Zotac ZBOX CI323 nano.
If connecting to DP, Mint freezes. :(
Also tested on Debian Stretch and Ubuntu Mint 17.04 with the only difference, that Ubuntu mostly not freezes and detects the monitor in settings, but no screen.

To follow the instructions in attached link was good for Mint but unfortunately no screen on DP as before.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ux-mint-18

German: http://knud.aquarius.uberspace.de/wordp ... tallieren/

Edit: i have to use an DP --> HDMI adapter cause none of my two monitors has an DP port.
# Im not willing to install Windows 4 testing DP.
All suggestiöns to get DP running @Mint are very welcome - i dont like VGA.^^
jdrobinson314

Post by jdrobinson314 »

I'm here with the same issue.

I have a zotac ci323 also and cannot seem to get any displayport output. I can get HDMI to output at 4k30hz though. Hotplugging dp just seems to cause a crash of the login manager and I have to ctrl+alt over to a tty to log in and do a safe shutdown or reboot from an hdmi or vga connection.

So far I have found no kernel flags like nomodeset in grub that could be causing problems.

Running linux mint 18.1 xfce, fully updated with the exception of the latest red level kernel.
zebbeman

Post by zebbeman »

I have the same issue with 17.3 and I dual boot with Windows 7 so I can confirm that it works on Windows 7 on the same machine.

I know this is an old post, but switching to nvidia’s prop drivers fixed it for me

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”