Calibration difficulties with touchscreen Beetronics / eGalax monitor [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
josefg
Level 2
Level 2

Calibration difficulties with touchscreen Beetronics / eGalax monitor [SOLVED]

Post by josefg »

Hi,

I am using a Beetronics 15TS touchscreen monitor, which is based on eGalax technology. I am running it with a Compulab Fitlet-B at a resolution of 1024x768.
I am having difficulties however in calibrating the touchscreen properly.
OS is LinuxMint 18.1 XFCE edition.

I have tried running xinput_calibrator, and adding the returned settings to the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/01-input.conf which makes the changes stick.

However, the calibration is not being well done. The main problem I encounter is that there is a small skew in the touchscreen, meaning that a given position tapped with the stylus on the right side of the screen, places the cursor lower than a vertically identical position tapped on the left side of the screen. The skew is about one centimetre for the whole of the screen. xinput_calibrator is not able to calibrate this - in fact I had to run it with the paramater "--misclick 0" in order to make it complete the calibration process.

Is there any place where I can adjust the settings in order to compensate for this skew?

xinput_calibrator lists the following devices as available, but it is only when working with the second one (id=10) that the changes seem to take effect:

Code: Select all

$ xinput_calibrator --list
Device "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController Pen" id=9
Device "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController" id=10
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
josefg
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Calibration difficulties with touchscreen Beetronics / eGalax monitor

Post by josefg »

I see that by using the command:

Code: Select all

xinput --set-prop 10 "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" .......
I can improve the situation. But I am not sure yet how to manipulate the matrix values in order to correct the skew. I reckon I need to make some vertical shear...
josefg
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Calibration difficulties with touchscreen Beetronics / eGalax monitor

Post by josefg »

Ok, I got it to work!
By following this tutorial:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G4o ... W6_7Xc/pub
(and thus using the driver supplied at www.eeti.com.tw).

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”