Cannot enable Nvidia GPU on Nvidia Prime

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dape5519

Cannot enable Nvidia GPU on Nvidia Prime

Post by dape5519 »

I've reinstalled drivers, disabled my GPUmanager in grub, tried booting from earlier kernels, and pulled my hair out wanting to play TF2.

Here is a screenshot of some diagnostics I've run for the wizards in here: https://ibb.co/jM3LAG
The diagnostics don't say, but I've a GeForce 940MX

I fear the issue is with Nvidia Prime itself, but really I don't have that great of an idea.
After an unpdate, (to grab firefox quantum) I ran into said GPU troubles. I did this to remove the drivers and I've reinstalled several different driver versions(384, 381, 387).

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove --purge nvidia-*
I think it's also worth noting that on shutdown/logoff I see text and noveua comes up with some hex, even though the noveua driver blacklisted in my config file and disabled in driver manager. When everything ran perfectly I still saw text, but It was different, like tcp or tmp.

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Cannot enable Nvidia GPU on Nvidia Prime

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”