modesetting driver in 18.3 problems with LibreOffice

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

modesetting driver in 18.3 problems with LibreOffice

Post by dhdurgee »

In the release notes it is recommended to remove the legacy intel driver and use the built in modesetting driver instead. I have attempted to do so both with 18.3 and 18.2 and had to go back to the legacy driver due to problems with LibreOffice. In both cases when the legacy intel driver is removed there is no outlining of the active cell in LibreOffice Calc, making it very difficult to use.

The release notes indicate that performance will improve with the modesetting driver and that the legacy intel driver is no longer maintained, but I cannot do without it until the issue with LibreOffice Calc is corrected.

Is this a problem in the modesetting driver that manifests itself in LibreOffice Calc? Is this a LibreOffice Calc problem that the legacy intel driver works around? In either case, I need to stick with what works until either LibreOffice or the modesetting driver is corrected.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a LibreOffice setting that needs to be changed to use the modesetting driver? Does this need to be reported? If so, to whom?

Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”