LM 18.3 Nvidia Prime not working after recommended removement of xserver-xorg-video-intel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Anton7

LM 18.3 Nvidia Prime not working after recommended removement of xserver-xorg-video-intel

Post by Anton7 »

When I removed

Code: Select all

apt remove xserver-xorg-video-intel
after update from 18.2 to 18.3 as recommended by 18.3 release notes (https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_sylvia_cinnamon.php) NVIDIA graphics stopped to support external displays on any output.

I use LM Cinnamon since 18.1 on my Lenovo W530 with
  • Intel processor Graphics Controller and
    NVIDIA Quadro K2000M (driver 384.90) and
    NIVIDIA Prime without any modifications
I was happy with that even if this required log off after each change between NVIDIA and Intel.
After updating to 18.3 I followed the recommendation to remove xserver-xorg-video-intel resulting in loss of supporting external displays with NIVIDIA. Intel graphics only never (?) supported external displays on W530 with Prime installed (all outputs connected to NVIDIA card?).
So is there anyone using NVIDIA Prime with the "modesetting driver" on LM 18.3 and external displays? Or did anybody else observe this? If this can be confirmed, may anybody of the team add a short hint to the release notes not to use the "modesetting" driver with NVIDIA Prime? (I can't because the discussion is closed).

Anyway many thanks to the LM team for the next great release!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”