Help with AOC LCD Monitor: 2436Swa

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hexeta
Level 4
Level 4

Help with AOC LCD Monitor: 2436Swa

Post by Hexeta »

Does anyone have one of these monitors:-
Details from the Rear Label read as follows.
AOC LCD Monitor: 2436Swa
Model No: TFT24W80PSA
Manufactured June 2010
Product Code: TDAMABN86WA2UNE

I have just acquired a second hand one which was sold cheaply (£10) due to a "Fault" said to be a "pixel differential" approx 4cm wide by 1.5cm deep in the top left corner of the screen.The screen is otherwise perfect.
I've attached it to my old Dell Optiplex GX280 which is running Mint 17 Mate from a live disc,(I just haven't gotten round to re installing after corrupting the OS)

The monitor initially displayed the said "defect", a lighter area of the approx dimensions stated, but after trying to understand the "Touch button" menu system and failed to comprehend it, I noticed that the said defect had vanished, leaving me feeling that I had stolen it!!
I have since downloaded the "Product Manual", which gives scant information about any of the controls or features of the unit and I am hoping that someone on here will have intimate knowledge of this model and can explain the touch button menu system and other "features" to me so that I can feel even more of a thief!! :mrgreen:

One problem I have is that when accessing any audio content via FireFox, the sound from the Monitor's speakers is very low.
Fiddling with the touch buttons on the screen's surround, I managed to display the "Volume" graphic which shows a scroll bar at "50%". I cannot however advance or decrease the shown level.
This is only a problem with internet content, anything played from my own files via VLC or other players has adequate levels of sound.
Anyone know what to do??

The monitor makes particular note via a garish Orange Arrow shaped sticker attached to the lower left corner of the otherwise unblemished Piano Black frame, proclaiming that there is a USB 2.0 socket at this point in the back of the unit.
...Indeed there is, but it fails to detect a drive when one is plugged in!
Any advice on how to vitalise it??

Finally, beside the VGA input socket, there is what appears to be a "USB - B" socket, not sure what this is for and the "manual" doesn't shed any light on either of these "features"
Are there any users out there who know about either of these who could advise me??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”