MATE Multi Monitor Setup

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
koin

MATE Multi Monitor Setup

Post by koin »

Hello,
I tried Mint with MATE for my work machine and I really like it, but there are a few things I'd like to optimize.

Setup: Lenovo T440p with Intel HD GPU (Not the Optimus version), newest Linux Mint MATE from HP.

Problems:
  1. When I Boot with external Monitor conntected to the DP Port, Screens remain black.
    I'll have to login without seeing anything and then unplug and replug to make things work.
  2. If I lock the screen it turns black with backlight still on, Id like to see the login form or a clock if possible while locked
  3. keyboard backlight is on at startup automatically, I found a command to turn them off, but I can't run It as a Startup command, since it requires root

Code: Select all

echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/xxx\:\:kbd_backlight/brightness

4. If I connect 2 external Displays and make a panel for them, unplug them to work on my notebook screen, it looks like a old browser with ask/google/yahoo toolbars installed, instead of 1 toolbar the 2 from the external Displays, also show on my single notebook screen, how can I fix this?
Thanks for your help :)
koin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MartinX3

Re: MATE Multi Monitor Setup

Post by MartinX3 »

Same problem at my side with Linux Mint 18.3 and Ubuntu Mate 17.10.

I have a T440P laptop (intel HD) and a Aspire E1-571G laptop (Intel HD).

I work in the company with 2 monitors connected to the laptop.
I shut down completely, disconnect the laptop and go home.
There I have also 2 Monitors to connect with different resolutions.
The login screen is fine,
but on the desktop the panels are messed up or
the desktop icons are at a single place and stacked over each other or
the monitor is rainbows up, which means that 2 screens are stacked which results in black unsuable fields on my screens and other weird, corrupt and buggy stuff.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”