Screen tearing only while on battery

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
angel9643

Screen tearing only while on battery

Post by angel9643 »

Hi,

I have finally decided to start using Linux on my np355v5c laptop which has HD 7660G & HD 7670M, everything works (almost) perfectly, except that when I unplug the cable, the screen starts to tear especially on the cursor, if I plug it back everything goes back to normal.

I have Linux Mint 18.3 x64 mate installed and I didn't install any drivers so I think I am using the pre-installed opensource ones.

I also tried using the amd64-microcode driver in the driver manager but that didn't change anything.

Note: the problem does NOT happen in bios or when I had windows 10 installed, it happens on freshly installed mint.

Hope I can get some help here because I really liked Linux and don't want to go back to windows 10:(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Screen tearing only while on battery

Post by catweazel »

Read this thread to see if it is useful. In particular, see the response from Laurent85 .
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
angel9643

Re: Screen tearing only while on battery

Post by angel9643 »

I kinda fixed the problem by downgrading to mint 17.3..
Hope the open source drivers will be better before April 2019
Thanks for your help

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”