put to sleep one monitor in a dual or triple monitor situation

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robertgrant1203

put to sleep one monitor in a dual or triple monitor situation

Post by robertgrant1203 »

So i recently added a third monitor to my set up. One is a big screen TV for movies and such, and the new one is a 21 inch and i am using it for light movie/show watching, you know the kind when your just glancing and listening. im trying to cut my electricity use by not using the big screen when I'm not fully engaged in the movie/show..my primary monitor is also 21 inch and sits on a coffee table. Its a nice set up but the big screen and the new 21 inch monitor sits across the room. Id like to be able to turn off the monitor from the couch, it doesn't have a remote like the big screen does. Is there a way to put one monitor to sleep, and keep the primary monitor active. Something along the lines of a program or a way to set up a quick key to put one to sleep, I'm a newb to Linux and command line so a detailed description would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nicolesharp100

Re: put to sleep one monitor in a duel or triple monitor situation

Post by nicolesharp100 »

I am not sure if there is a way to do this automatically, but you can always go to "Menu" → "Preferences" → "Display" and manually turn off the displays for the monitors you are not using.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”