Review of Samsung CF391 and Linux

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
barth90
Level 3
Level 3

Review of Samsung CF391 and Linux

Post by barth90 »

This week Sam's Club had the Samsung CF391, 32" curved monitor on sale for $219. At that price it was hard to pass on this deal.

My computer is a Dell laptop Inspiron 17 5000 model 5767 running Cinnamon Mint 18.1.

I plugged the monitor into a USB port and the screen came alive right away and the proportions were correct as is. I was happily surprised that Mint was able to detect the screen and adjust the scaling accordingly. The colors are gorgeous and I like the surround that a curved screen gives you.

So, for people that are wondering if Linux Mint Cinnamon and HD monitors go well together, I can say yes , go for it!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mrjimphelps

Re: Review of Samsung CF391 and Linux

Post by mrjimphelps »

I purchased an Acer 23" monitor from Best Buy. Works perfectly in Linux Mint 18.2 xfce, as well as Ubuntu and Xubuntu. No intervention was required on my part. It just worked.

You plugged your new monitor into a USB port?
barth90
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Review of Samsung CF391 and Linux

Post by barth90 »

mrjimphelps wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43 pm I purchased an Acer 23" monitor from Best Buy. Works perfectly in Linux Mint 18.2 xfce, as well as Ubuntu and Xubuntu. No intervention was required on my part. It just worked.

You plugged your new monitor into a USB port?
Yes it is plugged into a USB port

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”