MSI gtx1070ti issues in browser

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
b1984527

MSI gtx1070ti issues in browser

Post by b1984527 »

Hello all, I have an issue with browser webgl rendering. Couple days ago I buy nvidia msi gtx 1070ti videocard, insert it into my PC, and:

1. install drivers
2. choose nvidia drivers in driver manager popup
3. install cuda toolkit by this command: sudo apt-get install nvidia-cuda-toolkit

Then I play little bit in starcraft 2 with max graphics settings, everything gone super smooth, perfect FPS and image, also I notice that temperature is below 55C (coolers start to work only if temperature become more than 60).
After it I play in browser game https://starblast.io/ , and after couple seconds both coolers start to work. Temperature around 60C (with coolers), 30 fps, picture is not clear, there is lags, colors not changed, some text (svg icons most probably) transform into this - https://ibb.co/jp0yCn.

Also, I notice that just surfing internet card have temperature sometimes reach 60C. I can't understand, how surfing internet make card more hot than playing games.

This issue happen in firefox and chromium browsers. Absolutely have no idea what should I do and how to solve this problem.

upd:
today I install windows 10 as second system and everything there work fine. After I install w10, I download latest nvidia drivers from nvidia website, nothing special from MSI. Also I notice that w10 driver version is 391.01 WHQL, and linux 390.25-ubuntu0~gpu16.04.1

upd2:
after I switch CPU drivers from "Do not update CPU microcode" to intel-microcode (open source), browser game start to work with 60 fps, but there is still artifacts instead of some images.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Citizen229

Re: MSI gtx1070ti issues in browser

Post by Citizen229 »

What was the purpose of installing the cuda toolkit? Could this be what is effecting your card?
b1984527

Re: MSI gtx1070ti issues in browser

Post by b1984527 »

What was the purpose of installing the cuda toolkit?
Absolutely have no idea, I just follow instructions from "how to install nvidia on linux".

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”