vertical-display bug

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nicolesharp100

vertical-display bug

Post by nicolesharp100 »

I have two 1680p × 1050p monitors, a Dell and a Gateway. The Dell is connected by DVI and the Gateway by VGA. I have the Dell monitor oriented horizontally, and the Gateway monitor oriented vertically. However, whenever I try to drag a window over from the default horizontal monitor to the secondary vertical monitor, the display on the vertical monitor turns off. I have to manually turn off the monitor via the power button, then turn it back on, and drag the window back to the horizontal monitor before the display turns off again. The monitor works fine when horizontal, and when vertical it also works correctly, as long as it is only showing the desktop background, and no windows. Not sure what to do other than to just not use the monitor vertically.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nicolesharp100

Re: vertical-display bug

Post by nicolesharp100 »

Unfortunately, I think that the monitor might be going bad :( . I bought it used and it is pretty old (Gateway doesn't even exist any more). The monitor is now turning off even when horizontal, with no windows being displayed, so I don't think it is related to Linux Mint, especially since I don't think there's been any graphics updates within the past 24 hours that might have caused this new problem to suddenly start. I am just glad that I already have a spare monitor for the desktop.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”