How to use two GPUs (GTX750Ti + GTX1060) for one X screen

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TraxXavier

How to use two GPUs (GTX750Ti + GTX1060) for one X screen

Post by TraxXavier »

Hi,

I have two GPU's in my system a NVidia a GTX1060 driving 3 monitors and a GTX750Ti driving another 3, using the os from Redmond which must not be named ;) this works just fine 6 monitors working together as one huge desktop.

But using linux mint, the most I can do is to get the 3 additional screens to display a wallpaper and I can go with my mouse there but that is all, I can not start a application on them or move a running application there.

The Nvidia configuration tool allowed me to assign the 3 other monitors to a new x Screen 1, but it does not allow me to assign them to screen 0 on which the desktop seams to be.

So my question how can I get X screen 0 to be comprised of all 6 monitors?
Or at least how can I get a "start menu" and task manager bar onto the other 3 screens?

Cheers
Trax
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to use two GPUs (GTX750Ti + GTX1060) for one X screen

Post by catweazel »

TraxXavier wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:33 pm So my question how can I get X screen 0 to be comprised of all 6 monitors?
Maybe this might help.

This may have some additional clues.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
TraxXavier

Re: How to use two GPUs (GTX750Ti + GTX1060) for one X screen

Post by TraxXavier »

Unfortunately it did not,
this nvidia mosaic technology is only available on quartos :|

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”