No signal after monitor restart

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lvleow
Level 2
Level 2

No signal after monitor restart

Post by lvleow »

The issue I'm having is when I power on the computer/TV, initially everything works perfectly. But if I restart the TV or switch inputs then all of a sudden there's no signal. Unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable back in does nothing, the only way to get a signal back is restarting the computer itself.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lvleow
Level 2
Level 2

Re: No signal after monitor restart

Post by lvleow »

Ok, so I narrowed it down to the OS and probably not hardware. Linuxmint 18 (xfce 64) runs without problem in regards to switching inputs/restarting the TV. Linuxmint 18.3 (xfce 64) seems to be the culprit. How can I revert the video settings of 18.3 back to 18?

Edit:. I would just use 18, but in that version wifi, ethernet, and bluetooth don't work at all. After hooking up a wifi dongle and connecting to the internet, the system didn't find any drivers for the above devices. So it looks like 18.3 is the way to go.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”