How to install AMD graphics card on Linux mint 18.3?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
moboro

How to install AMD graphics card on Linux mint 18.3?

Post by moboro »

Hello everyone, im new to Linux Mint 18.3, i just installed it on my HP Notebook yesterday. It's really good, faster than window 10, but there is something that i need some help from master here, my HP notebook use R7 M440 Video Graphic Card, but i did search alot of website show how to install AMD graphics card on Linux mint 18.3/ But i take a look at the support page of AMD driver, i didnt see my GPU on that list. So my Notebook is not supported? So i must wait or try to install manual? i see some way to install AMD driver too, i did try and failed, and i omusst to reinstall the Linux mint. So if there is anyone who know how or know any infomation about this problem, please tell me. Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
paul59

Re: How to install AMD graphics card on Linux mint 18.3?

Post by paul59 »

Your card isn't on the list at the top of this section: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=248059 so it's probably best not to attempt to install proprietary drivers.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”