problem with nvidia hdmi sound options

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SunnySkies

problem with nvidia hdmi sound options

Post by SunnySkies »

Hi, I'm totally new to Linux and Mint. I have a desktop computer with Linux Mint 18,3 Sylvia MATE 64 bit.
MATE 1.18.0
Kernel Linux 4.13.0-45-generic x86_64
Geforce gtx 1050
LG TV monitor with hdmi cable.

I can't get the Sound Preferences setting to stick to the hda nvidia in the Hardware tab. I get 3 options for Digital Stereo hdmi output, and #2 works when I test the left/right speakers. but then in the Output tab, there is no hdmi option, only Built in audio analog stereo.

If I click on Digital Stereo hdmi output and close the Sound Preferences window, the next time I open it, it's back to the Analog stereo option.

I was able to choose the hdmi option before, because I got it to work, but something has happened.

Any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: problem with nvidia hdmi sound options

Post by catweazel »

SunnySkies wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 pm Any help would be appreciated!
You might try installing pavucontrol from the software manager. See if setting the audio there works for you.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
SunnySkies

Re: problem with nvidia hdmi sound options

Post by SunnySkies »

Hi, pavucontrol worked!!!! Thank you so much!

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”