Bug with desktop resizing on LM 19 as VMware guest

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alexander230

Bug with desktop resizing on LM 19 as VMware guest

Post by Alexander230 »

I recently upgraded LinuxMint from 18.3 to 19 on VMware virtual machine; now there is a bug with window resizing: when I resize VM window, desktop become distorted and mouse pointer not synchronized with windows and buttons.

Window resizing worked well on LM 18.3. Purging and reinstalling open-vm-tools and open-vm-tools-desktop didn't help. Please help to fix it.
Alexander230

Re: Bug with desktop resizing on LM 19 as VMware guest

Post by Alexander230 »

Found that window resizing works normally when 3D graphics acceleration is disabled in virtual machine settings.
phxdnelson

Re: Bug with desktop resizing on LM 19 as VMware guest

Post by phxdnelson »

I had been using Mint 18.3 as a VM within VMware Player 12 with no issues. I installed a new Mint 19.1 to give a try and had the same issue as your screenshot! I thought it was a VMware issue, so I just upgraded to 15.02 and reinstalled the tools still no luck! Started more searches and found this post.

Thank you for posting your solution!! Unchecking the 3D graphics acceleration box fixed my issue also! Thank you again!

…now to figure out the slow bootup (vs my old 18.3). LOL

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”